• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, revat said:

I think they got Jessica Jones, Spiderman, and Cap the closest.  Ironically, Hawkeye has more jokes in the comics but they made him kinda straight in the movies.

I've never read Alias but from what I've been told by people who have, that Jessica Jones was very close. I did enjoy it.

Which Spider-Man did they get close? Honestly I've been disappointed to varying degrees with the last 3 portrayals.

I was pretty amused at how they decided to make Hawkeye the stoic one of the bunch :D

Edited by Logan510

I understand the desire to have all the marvel characters under one studio to have them interact with one another, however I’ve enjoyed the take Fox has had with the mutants. The movies have been an alternative to Disney/Marvel standard movie formula. Can they produce a high quality product?yes no doubt. However as Logan said they are far from the characters that I’ve read throughout the years. As the money has come in they’ve strayed far more from the source material in an effort to maximize profit. They think by throwing some Easter eggs that only us the comic nerd public “get” is sufficient. i say we demand more but the public is too busy laughing it up to Thor the comedian to even care

18 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I've never read Alias but from what I've been told by people who have, that Jessica Jones was very close. I did enjoy it.

Which Spider-Man did they get close? Honestly I've been disappointed to varying degrees with the last 3 portrayals.

I was pretty amused at how they decided to make Hawkeye the stoic one of the bunch :D

Hawkeye is serious as he has a wife and children to take care

coming soon to abc - Part Time avenger, part time dad, how Hawkeye handles pta meetings and bake sales

Edited by jsilverjanet

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

I understand the desire to have all the marvel characters under one studio to have them interact with one another, however I’ve enjoyed the take Fox has had with the mutants. The movies have been an alternative to Disney/Marvel standard movie formula. Can they produce a high quality product?yes no doubt. However as Logan said they are far from the characters that I’ve read throughout the years. As the money has come in they’ve strayed far more from the source material in an effort to maximize profit. They think by throwing some Easter eggs that only us the comic nerd public “get” is sufficient. i say we demand more but the public is too busy laughing it up to Thor the comedian to even care

I knew I wasn't going to see the recent Thor when the first line in a review I read said " the funniest Marvel movie yet!".

I don't begrudge Marvel their formula as it's been incredibly successful for them so far.

If all you feed someone are TV dinners and never give them an option for a gourmet meal, how are they ever going to know what they're missing?

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Hawkeye is serious as he has a wife and children to take care

coming soon to abc - Part Time avenger, part time dad, how Hawkeye handles pta meetings and bake sales

Exactly.

It amazes me how some comic book fans claim they get so much right.

I'm still waiting lol

This is sounding like close to a done deal.

Bob Iger To Reportedly Stay On As Disney CEO Past 2019 To Help With Fox Transition As Talks Advance

Originally, Disney CEO Bob Iger was planning on stepping down in 2019, with some early reports hinting at the possibility of running for President of the United States in the 2020 election.

Well, any rumors of that will certainly be dead now, as it seems that Iger isn't going quite just yet. CNBC is reporting that Iger will be sticking around to help for 2-3 years, extending his tenure into 2021-22. Under Iger, Disney acquired both Lucasfilm and Marvel Entertainment, and with asking prices for 21st Century Fox (along with subsidiaries such as National Geographic, FX, FXX, and a 30% share in Hulu) as high as 60 billion, this next reported deal dwarfs both of them combined.

Rumors also say that James Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch's son, is seen as a potential candidate to replace Iger after he steps down (with speculation that James' more liberal opinions making him a more appealing candidate to Iger, contrasting his famously conservative father).

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige Reportedly Eager to Get His Hands on X-Men Universe

News of the possible acquisition deal between Disney and Fox has been exciting for Marvel fans now that the possibility of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at long last having its fully character catalog at its disposal is closer to reality than ever. But it turns out that fans might not be the only people eager to see the X-Men enter the MCU. Kevin Feige is reportedly eager, too.

A new report form Deadline discussing what a combined Disney-Fox powerhouse might look like specifically asked how the Fox film assets might fit within Disney's culture and revealed that, when it comes to the popular X-Men Universe, Marvel Studios president Feige is reportedly eager to get his hands on the property and bring them into the MCU.

As the report notes, Fox has several Marvel projects in the pipeline, including Deadpool 2, New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Gambit, X-Force, as well as Multiple Man. With Feige's track record of success with superhero movies as well as the success of Marvel Studio's partnership with Sony on Spider-Man: Homecoming, Feige would have a huge opportunity to "cross-pollinate" the existing Marvel franchise heroes with the vast offerings of the X-Men world. Considering that Feige is responsible for 4 of the 15 top grossing films of all time, it could be very lucrative for Disney.

The Deadline article referenced above goes into possible options how Disney wraps the new assetts into its various silos of properties.

Disney-Fox: What Happens To FBC, Will Disney Become OTT Powerhouse & How Will Teams & Cultures Mesh If Deal Makes

In what would be one of the most cataclysmic shakeups to ever happen to a traditional media company, 21st Century Fox is on the brink of selling the bulk of its assets — worth some $68 billion — to Disney. The Murdochs would take the remaining assets — Fox Broadcasting Co., Fox News and sports cable networks FS1 and FS2 — and form a smaller TV company. Negotiations have progressed, with a deal expected to be announced as early as next Wednesday. It would then take about a year from when the deal closes and regulatory approval is granted, and an acquiring company is legally prohibited in managing the pending acquisition, even though speculation is already rampant about which executives will stay and go. Even if it takes a full year to consummate, a Disney acquisition of Fox would redraw the business and make Disney far and away the most dominant studio Hollywood has ever seen.

Wait a minute. I thought someone said in this thread there was no regulatory approval necessary, as this is just IP being sold off.

Fox TV properties include:

- The Simpsons

- Family Guy

- Bob’s Burgers

- The Orville

- The Gifted

- American Horror Story

- Modern Family

- Homeland

- The Americans

- The X-Files

- Legion

- Ghosted

- Arrested Development

:whatthe:

That's quite the list of interesting TV properties under one roof.

And now they would lock down the Deadpool Animated Series coming to FXX.

deadpool-fxx.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

FXX has given a 10-episode series order to a Marvel’s Deadpool animated adult action-comedy series, an adaptation of the hit Marvel character, with Atlanta creator/executive producer/star Donald Glover and writer Stephen Glover attached as showrunners, executive producers and writers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, set to debut in 2018, is produced by Marvel TV in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios. It marks FX’s second collaboration with Marvel TV, joining their live-action drama series Legion, recently renewed for a second season.

I'm looking forward to the Modern Family/Guardians of the Galaxy crossover. It'll be hilarious! Cameron and Drax interacting? Jay and Rocket trading barbs? Peter hitting on Gloria? 

It's GOLD, Jerry! GOLD! 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

15 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I hope this happens so they can put the Predator in the Marvel Universe.

Codmbe1W8AARaaG.jpg

EDIT.

Just realized if this happens Dark Horse most likely will lose the rights to Aliens and Predator.

Batman Vs Predator

Nothing can compare to that.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

If the studios could ever work through that, it would be incredible!

I liked that until the Alien showed up.

I didn't really like the Batman Vs Aliens books.