• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC Comic Art Expo Sunday May 6th 2018 Save The Date!
3 3

35 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, artdealer said:

Let me rephrase that.

Any major hotel such as The Pennsylvania, which has a long and storied past, that charges $135 a night, well you get what you pay for.

MI

is that the special Dead Hooker Under the Bed rate????? hm

11 minutes ago, eewwnuk said:

Those tripadvisor reviews are wild :signofftopic:

Yes they are ! This may be the WORST VENUE EVER (bed bugs,mold,rats etc according to some reviews)

I wouldn't go if I was paid to attend.

15 hours ago, tfish1 said:

Yes they are ! This may be the WORST VENUE EVER (bed bugs,mold,rats etc according to some reviews)

I wouldn't go if I was paid to attend.

This is NYC... We have a zillion hotels to choose from. What's the big deal? You don't have to stay at the same hotel that the showroom is located at.

I actually went to my first comic convention at that hotel in the early 80's, when it was called the Statler.  I vaguely remember John Byrne doing sketches, but I wasn't smart enough (or maybe rich enough) at that age to be collecting original art just yet. 

I wouldn't stay there either, but the convention center should be safe enough.  Hey -- I take the subway every day, so I guess I'm not that afraid of vermin :) 

LOL, i decided to keep reading the list after seeing the Hotel in question. Spot 3 on the bed bugs list is Fort Rapids in Columbus where I live. There's actually a local comic book show that was held there for years where I used to set up. Im glad to know this now so i can steer folks clear of it.

NYC Comic Art Expo

We’re just two weeks away now from our premier show.

Over 50 tables of original art.  

Guests:

Neal Adams

Michael Golden

Tom Palmer

Ray Lago

Marcus Boas

Jim Sherman

(Mark Texeira was previously announced, will be unable to attend)

The New York City Comic Art EXPO

Sunday May 6th.

Open 10:00-5:00pm

Entry: $20  Students $10

Location/Entrance:

Pennsylvania Hotel 33rd between 7 & 6th, just next to Statler Grill 136 west 33rd st.

Gold Ballroom 3rd floor

Located across the street from Penn Station, local subways include A, C, E, 1, 2, 3

Parking: ICON 34th bet. 7 & 8th, just off 8th  

Self-parking $35 (standard sized) SUV’s are extra.

Vendors:

Adam Baumgold Gallery, Albert Moy, Andrew Steven, Anthony Snyder, Brandon Carter, Comic Connect/Metropolis, Comic Link, Cool Lines, Dan Pottick, Daren Domina, Frank Giella, Gene Park, Glen Brunswick, Heritage Auctions, Illustration House, Lee Benaka, Michael Carbonaro, Nathan Rose, Nelson Chin (Nelson Animated Ink), Nick Katradis, Paul Handler, Peter Shapiro, Phillip Rutkiewicz, Rob Pistella, Robert Dennis, Scott Dunbier, Scott Eder Gallery, Todd Hignite Comic Art, Terry Holtz (Freshly Baked Collectibles), Zaddick Longenbach

Looking to buy, sell, trade or consign original art, this is the spot.  

Tables are sold out.

For more information: Zaddick Longenbach senbach@hotmail.com Or Terry Holtz terry@freshlybakedcollectibles.com

May 6th Expo.jpg

Edited by Zaddick
Vendor update: Lee Benaka & Paul Handler added

Nick Katradis and Animated Ink will be setting up together at this show.  This is the first time Nick and I have ever officially set up as exhibitors.

We started off with 1 exhibitor table.  After realizing how much art we will be bringing to the show, we decided to get a second table !!!

We will have art from different eras. There will be something for everyone.

Nick and I look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new friends at the show.  We are both passionate about this great hobby of ours so please stop by and say hello.

Cheers!

Nelson Animated Ink

Edited by NelsonAI
typos

With a few days to go before the show, Nick and I have received multiple requests for preview sales of our art.

We appreciate the inquiries but we want to be fair to all the collectors planning to attend the show.  Many of them are flying in at great expense so we want them to have a positive show experience.

But fret not my fellow collectors, Nick and I will have plenty of fantastic artwork available for sale after the May 6 show if you are unable to attend.  I'm sure we can help you locate the right piece for your collection.  Thank you for understanding.

All the best.

Cheers!

N.