• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC Comic Art Expo Sunday May 6th 2018 Save The Date!
3 3

53 posts in this topic

We are excited to announce the New York City Comic Art Expo 2018. The Expo will take place on Sunday May 6th in Manhattan at the historic Hotel Pennsylvania.  Initial interest is strong, we've already sold over 30 tables in our early direct notice. Additional tables are available at a rate of $200 each. If you are interested in a table feel free to reach out to Zaddick Longenbach (senbach@hotmail.com) or Terry Holtz (terry@freshlybakedcollectibles.com).

Our hope is to put on a quality, friendly, multi generational regular gathering of original art collectors, dealers and artists in our own neighborhood of Manhattan. 

Future announcements including dealer and guest list to follow.

Zaddick and Terry

Already posted in its appropriate area with some  comments on venue  (NOT FRESH!)

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/424314-nyc-comic-art-expo-sunday-may-6th-2018-save-the-date/

skipping this EXPO and will be attending the Original Comic Art Con  !!!!!

Joe Veteri and Dan Gallo

present . . .

COMIC ART CON

MARCH 18, 2018

10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

"The First Exclusive Comic Art Convention"
NO COMIC BOOKS!  No fan boys!  No hustle and bustle of the big cons!  This is a gathering of Comic Art collectors in a friendly venue to buy, sell, trade, network and talk about comic art . . . and only comic art!  Vendors and collectors gather from all over the country for what is truly a comic art collectors dream - a jammed packed room with wall to wall comic art.  If you collect comic book art then this is the convention for you!

SAME GREAT LOCATION: 

Holiday Inn

283 Route 17 South, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604

Hotel Number (201) 288-9600

6' Tables - please inquire!!!  Parking is FREE!
Adult admission $10.  Children are FREE!

Comic book guest artist(s) TBD

If you are an artist with a Marvel or DC pedigree (or if you know one or represent an artist) we are filling slots for future shows.  We only have 1-2 possible spaces available per show so please contact us ASAP.  We look forward to hearing from you.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO RESERVE A TABLE PLEASE CONTACT:

JOE VETERI   DAN GALLO
 click to email   - or - click to email
(973) 768-6649   (954) 547-9063

Wish them both the best of luck.

Im not a fan of bed bugs,NYC traffic,crowds etc or  a promoter that spams art expo on Caf and here and doesn't even have a link or mention of expo on his own site.

I guess he would rather post consignment art without pricing or art that has already been sold.

Either way good to see the hobby being promoted.

17 hours ago, tfish said:

Wish them both the best of luck.

Im not a fan of bed bugs,NYC traffic,crowds etc or  a promoter that spams art expo on Caf and here and doesn't even have a link or mention of expo on his own site.

I guess he would rather post consignment art without pricing or art that has already been sold.

Either way good to see the hobby being promoted.

Honestly, I find it outrageous to have to pay $50+ to park in NYC, let alone get there or put up with the noise, etc. If this were a regular comicon, that's different. There is more to see and do. But for this stuff, I would rather have a smaller, less expensive, quieter environment. Maybe next year, it can be moved to a different Borough, or out of NYC entirely. 

But, good luck on your new venture. The more competition, the merrier. 

4 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Poor form to post another show info on their thread. I’ll attend both but why not just start another thread?

This Expo is already posted elsewhere on CGC forum. Poor form is to post multiple times on same forum,using CAF email search terms to promote expo etc.

Have fun at both shows. Hope you aren't staying at Hotel Penn.

I've been to a few of the Veteri/Gallo Comic Art Con shows, and it's definitely great. The new Hasbrouck Heights location is a little more a hassle for me to get to than the old Secaucus one. I guess that the old Secaucus hotel venue is closed or under renovation or something, but I do hope that show gets back to Seacaucus proper at some point. Anyway, I'm theoretically willing to give this new NYC expo a shot at least one time--assuming at least a few good dealers set up to exhibit. But I ain't gonna stay at Hotel Penn if I can avoid it.

2 hours ago, TommyRaiko said:

I've been to a few of the Veteri/Gallo Comic Art Con shows, and it's definitely great. The new Hasbrouck Heights location is a little more a hassle for me to get to than the old Secaucus one. I guess that the old Secaucus hotel venue is closed or under renovation or something, but I do hope that show gets back to Seacaucus proper at some point. Anyway, I'm theoretically willing to give this new NYC expo a shot at least one time--assuming at least a few good dealers set up to exhibit. But I ain't gonna stay at Hotel Penn if I can avoid it.

Renovation.

22 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Poor form to post another show info on their thread. I’ll attend both but why not just start another thread?

See you at the show in NY Ankur.

It's a quick subway ride so it will the cheapest and easiest commute to any show in the Tri-State area for me.

I am also looking forward to meeting Ray Lago.  I've always loved his watercolors.  I believe he left the industry to become a full time art instructor so you do not see him on the regular convention circuit.

Cheers!

N.

9 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

See you at the show in NY Ankur.

It's a quick subway ride so it will the cheapest and easiest commute to any show in the Tri-State area for me.

I am also looking forward to meeting Ray Lago.  I've always loved his watercolors.  I believe he left the industry to become a full time art instructor so you do not see him on the regular convention circuit.

Cheers!

N.

I used to enjoy talking to and commissioning Ray back in the 90s. I think that he is a great guy and he helped me out when Tony Salmons went awol on a commission for me. But Ray had his own commission issues at one time so beware of paying in advance for anything.

4 hours ago, artcollector9 said:

Gosh is the hotel really that bad? I saw there were bed bugs in some rooms 7 years ago, but nothing like that now...?

Any objective advice?

I've been there plenty of times for the Carbannaro Big Apple Shows and it's fine.

NYC Comic Art Expo

We’re just two weeks away now from our premier show.

Over 50 tables of original art.  

Guests:

Neal Adams

Michael Golden

Tom Palmer

Ray Lago

Marcus Boas

Jim Sherman

(Mark Texeira was previously announced, will be unable to attend)

The New York City Comic Art EXPO

Sunday May 6th.

Open 10:00-5:00pm

Entry: $20  Students $10

Location/Entrance:

Pennsylvania Hotel 33rd between 7 & 6th, just next to Statler Grill 136 west 33rd st.

Gold Ballroom 3rd floor

Located across the street from Penn Station, local subways include A, C, E, 1, 2, 3

Parking: ICON 34th bet. 7 & 8th, just off 8th  

Self-parking $35 (standard sized) SUV’s are extra.

Vendors:

Adam Baumgold Gallery, Albert Moy, Andrew Steven, Anthony Snyder, Brandon Carter, Comic Connect/Metropolis, Comic Link, Cool Lines, Dan Pottick, Daren Domina, Frank Giella, Gene Park, Glen Brunswick, Heritage Auctions, Illustration House, Lee Benaka, Michael Carbonaro, Nathan Rose, Nelson Chin (Nelson Animated Ink), Nick Katradis, Paul Handler, Peter Shapiro, Phillip Rutkiewicz, Rob Pistella, Robert Dennis, Scott Dunbier, Scott Eder Gallery, Todd Hignite Comic Art, Terry Holtz (Freshly Baked Collectibles), Zaddick Longenbach

Looking to buy, sell, trade or consign original art, this is the spot.  

Tables are sold out.

For more information: Zaddick Longenbach senbach@hotmail.com Or Terry Holtz terry@freshlybakedcollectibles.com

May 6th Expo.jpg

Edited by Zaddick
Vendor update: Lee Benaka & Paul Handler added

I believe I got a final table and will be sharing it with Paul Handler.  Paul will have a great variety of cool Marvel and DC art.  I'll have art from the Dave Hunt estate and will be selling signed copies of my book Dave Hunt: An Artist's Life, which by the way is now available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Dave-Hunt-Artists-Lee-Benaka/dp/1543928757/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524420212&sr=8-1&keywords=benaka&dpID=51scU%2BCDA2L&preST=_SX258_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

You can also get a copy of the book directly from me via mail if you send me a PM. 

Thanks, Lee Benaka

5 hours ago, Zaddick said:

Self-parking $35 (standard sized) SUV’s are extra.

I went to the recent show at this Hotel, and you can get cheaper parking a few blocks away, at least if you reserve and pay in advance. 

Continental Garage-AKA Tower 111 Garage
Address: 107 West 31st St
New York, NY 10001
Entrance (use for directions):
Enter After: 04/14/2018 at 10:00 AM
Exit Before: 04/14/2018 at 5:00 PM

Total: $18.00
And, if you like this sort of thing, there was a really good gyro vendor near the Hotel.