• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC Comic Art Expo Sunday May 6th 2018 Save The Date!
3 3

53 posts in this topic

Nick Katradis and I are teaming up.  This will be the first time that either of us has officially set up as exhibitors.  We look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones at the show.  Please stop by and say hello.

Cheers!

N.

4 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Nick Katradis and I are teaming up.  This will be the first time that either of us has officially set up as exhibitors.  We look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones at the show.  Please stop by and say hello.

Cheers!

N.

You and Nick,  :whee:

Look forward to seeing you there.

I've gotten a few emails about if I'm setting up at this New York art show (ROMITAMAN)

I will not be setting up at this show...

I'm only doing the COMIC ART CON shows in Hasbrouck in September and April as well as the huge New York Comic-Con in October!

also having some great Virtual Comic-Cons on my website! right now

Take care all...... :)

Mike

www.romitaman.com  

Edited by romitaman

30 minutes ago, romitaman said:

I've gotten a few emails about if I'm setting up at this New York art show (ROMITAMAN)

I will not be setting up at this show...

I'm only doing the COMIC ART CON shows in Hasbrouck in September and April as well as the huge New York Comic-Con in October!

also having some great Virtual Comic-Cons on my website! right now

Take care all...... :)

Mike

www.romitaman.com  

I keep going back-and-forth about attending, but I just don't see the point of it. There was a show in Hasbouck Heights last month, and other more general shows in NYC and NJ. Maybe if there were in late June, but not now. 

Nick and I have been in touch with collectors for weeks now and the buzz for this show has been incredible.

There will be serious collectors from the hobby flying in from London, Brazil, California, Texas, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Illinois, Minnesota, just to name a few places.  These collectors may not be exhibiting but they will be bringing art with them to the show. 

Ever admire a private collection on CAF and wish some of that art were available for sale at a show?  This show has private collectors exhibiting for the first time.  Art that has been squirreled away for 10 to 20 years are finally hitting the market again.

Nick and I may be exhibiting but we can't wait to see what Lee Benaka and Paul Handler are bringing.  I may end up buying more art than selling.  Lee might even pull out some of my old ads from CBG.  Lol.

The show opens on Sunday but the fun begins on Saturday.

For those that are attending, see you soon.

Cheers!

N.

Thanks for the pics @AnkurJ  Do you recall who the dealer is that has the (unless my eyes deceive me in your 2nd picture) the Tim Sale Superman, Byrne Wolverine and Mignola Hellboy yelling T-Shirts? Some great stuff on display there.  Now I wish I had gone.

14 minutes ago, staffman said:

Thanks for the pics @AnkurJ  Do you recall who the dealer is that has the (unless my eyes deceive me in your 2nd picture) the Tim Sale Superman, Byrne Wolverine and Mignola Hellboy yelling T-Shirts? Some great stuff on display there.  Now I wish I had gone.

Albert Moy.

I don’t believe the Superman was by Tim Sale.

Thanks for the pics @AnkurJ.   Do you know - was the alien worlds, asm 299 etc.. in that pic just for show? Or were they priced? And if so - do recall any of the prices?

Also - who is the vendor in the 4th image? Are they on Caf?

Edited by Panelfan1

Great show, 6 purchases 

loads of photos in my cgc journal 

thank you Zaddick for setting up, was very different from NJ show in feel and art shown

great to see everyone 

2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Albert Moy.

The Superman is by BWS. I believe it's from either the Superman:The Man of Steel Gallery #1, or one of the Superman anniversary issues from the mid 90's.

--Mark T.

41 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Thanks for the pics @AnkurJ.   Do you know - was the alien worlds, asm 299 etc.. in that pic just for show? Or were they priced? And if so - do recall any of the prices?

Also - who is the vendor in the 4th image? Are they on Caf?

Offers only on those pieces.

Dealer in 4th pic was Metropolis/Comic Connect

22 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

If anyone knows the asking price on the ASM 299 cover, please pm me ??

The Stevens, Lee and McFarlane pieces were there primarily for display, though, open to very strong offers.  I ended up getting a couple of very enticing offers on the ASM 299 that did turn my head, but, the thought of letting it go was giving me a huge amount of agita and I realized that the regret would be too great if I let it go at this time, even at a very high price or for very good trade.  It is now back in the vault. (thumbsu

19 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

The Stevens, Lee and McFarlane pieces were there primarily for display, though, open to very strong offers.  I ended up getting a couple of very enticing offers on the ASM 299 that did turn my head, but, the thought of letting it go was giving me a huge amount of agita and I realized that the regret would be too great if I let it go at this time, even at a very high price or for very good trade.  It is now back in the vault. (thumbsu

You little tease you

7 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Albert Moy.

Thanks @AnkurJ...my eyes did deceive me then on one piece at least one.  Now to find out how many kidneys I need to give away before I talk to Albert.