• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC Comic Art Expo Sunday May 6th 2018 Save The Date!
3 3

53 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2018 at 2:39 PM, Pete Marino said:

Out of curiosity, how would someone who attended / setup compare this to Comic Art Con?

As an buyer, I found the two experience similar but there were differences as to who were selling. Since I live in Manhattan I found the NY show much easier to get to than the NJ one.

I have failed you fellow boardies! There were so many nice people to chew the fat with at this show, that I barely got to shop and shoot pics. Here are my paltry photos, marked by dealer name (I hope I have these marked correctly) -

https://smile.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/tyJX9wcviwFgAhBiRIiPiqcgIejeNqRT8Ej8CBvcInF

It was really great to meet so many people I only know from here and CAF. My wife and I had a wonderful time!

Overall, turnout at the show was great and everyone went home happy.

Nick and I would like to thank everyone that stopped by our tables.

We were busy throughout and did not have time for lunch.  I finally got to walk the show myself at 3 pm.  I wasn't focused on taking pictures at that point.  Sorry.

There were several notable individuals attending the show that normally set up as dealers at other shows.  They walked the show and made deals.  They obviously found fresh new inventory to re-sell down the road.  It's a win - win situation actually.

I met several still "under the radar" collectors.  My mind was completely blown away with the pics I saw.

I finally got to meet the official unofficial photographer on these boards, Brandon.  He and his lovely wife were as nice as I imagined.  Brandon has some amazing Ethan Van Sciver Green Lantern art on display.

Lee and Paul did have some amazing stuff.  I saw Paul several times speaking with Nick but didn't know who he was until the end of the show.  Paul ran out of Mylars so you know people swarmed his table.  I also finally got to meet Rob, "the Avengers guy" after all these years.  Lol. 

Dan Pottick had 2 amazing Art Adams covers.  

Nathan Rose had a great Bernie Wrightson wrap around cover.

Ray Lago was doing some great commissions for a few lucky fans.

I really did have a great time meeting up with everyone including a few CGC Boardies.  We got our geek on. 

Nick and I support all shows and look forward to setting again in the future.

Those guys from London Super-Con better have some prime spots for us because we'll be there soon enough.

Cheers!

N.

Like Nelson, I had a very good time at the show.  It was nice to see Nick again, and fun to finally meet and talk to Nelson for a while.  Nelson and Nick were a good pair and seemed to have a nice little crowd at their corner of the room most of the time.

I personally did a bit better overall at the NYC show art sales-wise than at the most recent NJ show, although I did sell a few more books in NJ.  I thought NJ was easier for setting up because you could just drive and park for free at the hotel parking lot and carry stuff in.  At the NYC show, I had to lug my stuff about 10 blocks from my hotel because an early-morning bicycle race had the streets blocked off.  Both rooms were comfortable and spacious.  The attendee turn-out might have been a bit bigger at the NYC show than the recent NJ show.  I would go back to both as an exhibitor, though.

I didn't get to look around too much, but I was happy to chat with Rob Frey, Mike Williams, Alex Johnson, Rich Cirillo and his wife, and Joe Le when they stopped by my table.  Before the show started up, I got to meet Glen Brunswick and talk Billy Graham art, and also visit with Brandon and his wife.  I also was happy to say hello to Michael Finn, pick up a piece of art from Joseph Melchoir for a friend, and do a little deal with Rob Pistella.  I'm sure I am forgetting others, and I apologize for that.

I think I could get used to life behind the table.  Best regards, Lee