• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the one book you are waiting on.....for the right price.
3 3

89 posts in this topic

There are so many SA/key marvel books I need for my favorite titles. I try to pick them up in reprint form or if that is not available, TPB. I keep chipping away at the original issues I want when a bargain comes my way but I refuse to just pay a ton for these books. It simply is not something I HAVE to HAVE. It is a want and it gets the appropriate priority. Not all of them are SA Marvels though. There are a handful of Bronze books I still am trying to get to complete runs-- namely DD 131, DD 168 and The Demon 1. Yeah-- they are easy to find but the prices are crazy imo-- even for reader copies.

Edited by 01TheDude

My list is pretty big too - but HOS 92 is one I wish I'd bought 5 years ago, but kept saying "...it's Swamp Thing...how expensive is it ever really going to get?"  Boy do I regret that mindset now.

For me, it's SS 4.  Absolutely love that gorgeous cover.  Always considered a classic, I just want a decent copy with a presentable cover for around $100.  And when I do find one, I always decide on a different book saying to myself, you'll get a copy one day.  Next time I find one, I AM getting it. 

Edited by Brewcrewfan77

7 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

If Hulk 181 NM ever gets to 1000 I'll pick it up... if it never does, I'll keep my money in stocks. 

congrats on 300 posts! :) Hulk 180 is a good option for that price, currently 

edit lol I made it to 2,500 just now sigh anyway

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Numbers are interesting ha

4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I wish it were as simple as one book.

Probably the one I'm lurking the most on currently, waiting for the floor to drop out, is TOS 50.  I mean come on - how long ago was that movie?  And it wasn't even the real Mandarin.

Which simply means the book will really explode when Mandy makes his real appearance.  stock up up first Ultimo, as well.

I waited too long for those FF 40's  (45 &46). Now, they are at unacceptable prices.

I think I must be in the miniscule minority who have absolutely no desire for a Hulk 181. I was never a big fan of Wolverine.

Brings up an interesting question (at least I think it's interesting): at what point do you jump? In other words when do you buy? Maybe prices will go up even more; maybe they will fall.

How does one make that call?  

24 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Brings up an interesting question (at least I think it's interesting): at what point do you jump? In other words when do you buy? Maybe prices will go up even more; maybe they will fall.

How does one make that call?  

You just have to ask yourself how badly do you want it? When you think about it too much, that's when you run the risk of possibly losing out. 

I'd like to get a nice slabbed copy of Tec 405, but not feeling very motivated to spend a lot for it.  Not a hugely expensive book compared to the other Adams books to begin with, but one that I don't have.  I'm OK with my raw copy for now. 

9 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

I'd like to get a nice slabbed copy of Tec 405, but not feeling very motivated to spend a lot for it.  Not a hugely expensive book compared to the other Adams books to begin with, but one that I don't have.  I'm OK with my raw copy for now. 

411 has become a thorn in my side, 359 as well. This movie hype :pullhair: