• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the one book you are waiting on.....for the right price.
3 3

89 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:
2 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

Detective 359 in a 9.0 or above.  Just like that book and the cover.

Now that would be something to see!  

:cry:  https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/detective-comics-359-dc-1967-cgc-qualified-vf-nm-90-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7169-94163.s

On 11/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, roach04 said:

My list is pretty big too - but HOS 92 is one I wish I'd bought 5 years ago, but kept saying "...it's Swamp Thing...how expensive is it ever really going to get?"  Boy do I regret that mindset now.

Agreed! When I was vacationing with the wife in Phoenix during the early 90's, we visited all the local comic shops. One had a gorgeous raw copy for something like $300. I thought that was too expensive. Ouch!

4 hours ago, icefires said:

Agreed! When I was vacationing with the wife in Phoenix during the early 90's, we visited all the local comic shops. One had a gorgeous raw copy for something like $300. I thought that was too expensive. Ouch!

HOS92_GPA.thumb.jpg.6961579f688799ded9d3688b5c980037.jpg

GPA for an 8.5.  And while GPA isn't the be all and end all...$700 in 2015 with a 90-day average of $2124 - that's friggin' nuts.  I know it got a huge bump when Bernie sadly passed.  I shudder to think what might if Swamp Thing gets a <gulp> MOVIE! ;)

9 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I'm starting to see this is all very psychological. I find that if I obtain even a somewhat weak copy of a book I have been hunting, I suddenly have less desire to look for it much anymore or even get an upgrade. Though this could be specific to run collectors like myself.

That works when its not a 20k a point book.  I have never minded be a lower grade collector as long as I like the way the book looks.

I just started collecting again after a 2-3 year break. I’m blown away at how much prices have jumped. Books that you could get dirt cheap like under $10 is now selling for $100 or more. There was always lots around and now really tough to find. I am not sure if the movies really brought that many new readers or if it’s older readers buying them up with thoughts of investment. It’s was one of the reasons I stopped collecting and after seeing how high non keys and minor character first appearance are selling for I will likely continue not buying. I love comics but prices are ridiculous. Maybe it’s just that I have collected cards and comics so long and seen how low and how common most of these are that I just can’t pay asking prices. I will patiently wait for them to drop just both did after the early 90’s boom.