• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link bid mistake

4 posts in this topic

Soooo, what do I do if I just realized I made a bidding error as my computer remembered a previous bid number I'd entered on a different auction.

I meant to place a small tracking bid probably around a few dollars but somehow bid a few hundred...

I entered it so fast and hit return I didn't even notice.

Anyone have this happen before? 

The auction doesn't end for a few days so I'm hoping this can be fixed. Its obviously a mistake as its a few hundred above GPA.

Cant believe that happened...so much for putting in tracking bids...

5 minutes ago, DarkKnightReturns said:

Soooo, what do I do if I just realized I made a bidding error as my computer remembered a previous bid number I'd entered on a different auction.

I meant to place a small tracking bid probably around a few dollars but somehow bid a few hundred...

I entered it so fast and hit return I didn't even notice.

Anyone have this happen before? 

The auction doesn't end for a few days so I'm hoping this can be fixed. Its obviously a mistake as its a few hundred above GPA.

Cant believe that happened...so much for putting in tracking bids...

Yup,  it happened to me.  I emailed them afterwards but decided that it was my mistake and just paid up.   

Get ready to OWN IT!  maybe it'll go for a super low price or someone else who really wants it will bid it up at the last minute and relieve you. 

I would call them right away and inform them you made a bid mistake and request a one-time bid retraction.

Happened to me with another auction house. I was watching a live auction on my phone for the first time and wanted to zoom in on the front cover scan of a copy of a book I already own in similar grade to see if it was comparable to my copy and what it might go for. The page was taking for ever to load so I hit the back button and as I tried to use my 2 fingers to resize the image at just that moment the bid page loaded with the bid button right where my finger was and registered it as a tap. It was the final seconds of the auction and apparently I was now the highest bidder.  I begged for someone to come in over the top but it ended with me as the winner of a book I was only curious about but not interested in owning for $750.

I immediately called them and explained what had happened and apologized offering to pay a restocking fee. They offered me a one time courtesy bid retraction. I have never used my phone for viewing auctions since. Only computer and browser for me from now on.