• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG, shipping charges...
2 2

87 posts in this topic

Just wanted to receive the package, check the contents... look at the shipping materials, care, insurance, postage etc. ...all to be sure I had both my goods as described, a good footing, and legitimate complaint.

Which I felt I did, and which has now been confirmed.

9 minutes ago, Sackolantern said:

Just wanted to receive the package, check the contents... look at the shipping materials, care, insurance, postage etc. ...all to be sure I had both my goods as described, a good footing, and legitimate complaint.

Which I felt I did, and which has now been confirmed.

Now that your all good, the seller was?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
11 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

What should we have learned. lol

Never judge a moose by it's droppings?

You will never have a balanced attack until you can balance a tack hammer upon your head?

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

You will never have a balanced attack until you can balance a tack hammer upon your head?

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball...

tumblr_lm12j1yS5d1qgszk4.gif

So, what we have is 2 pieces of cardboard sandwiching the book.  The book has a board on both the front and back in a bag, for protection. Wrapped by cling wrap stuff...then a single layer of bubble wrap - especially like how it really didn't protect 1 edge, but was folded over back towards the middle...and wrapped with more cling wrap. Then shoved into a priority mail box.

No other protection.

And hold onto that thought. No other protection. Because I asked Delaware Fine Arts Auction to make sure send with cardboard on front and back, for protection, and to send insured, registered and requiring a signature. They assured me that yes, for that price, the book would be protected accordingly. As I knew and everyone else here has said, 200 was exhorbitant. I figured that they would hold up their end. And I feel they did not.

Especially as I asked the USPS people - how much did this cost, it looks like a regular Priority Box. They advised yes...looks like it was shipped with stamps.com, so they got a bit of a discount, and advised the shipping and signature (extra charge!)...cost less than 10 dollars. And I said I believe that... but there must be some insurance charge I'm missing, right? So I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with USPS this afternoon verifying the package, coverage etc. and the local store was indeed off. The people advised over the phone that the shipping, signature and insurance was less than 9 dollars. They shipped this to me with $100 of insurance.