• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG, shipping charges...
2 2

87 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ARCHIVED COLLECTIBLES said:

If you shipped a 3 lb box from coast to coast (NY to CA) overnight with a $5K value, USPS would charge $113 insured/landed. 

If you shipped it registered mail it would cost less than half of that. 

Good grief, guys. Sorry for the long wait.

Not going to name the site (yet?). So, after some discussion, they backed down to 200$ for shipping, which is still outrageous; "Handling, time , packing materials blah blah blah, priority.." basically a bunch of . So I said fine... F you... and paid; 'gimme my book.' And have since sent an email or two asking where's my package?  Like Stewie.

....They just shipped it today.  As in I got an email 30 minutes ago.

Which is infuriating, given the charges, and my plans for this weekend, and the holiday. For F sake... Learn from my mistakes, people...

20 minutes ago, Sackolantern said:

Not going to name the site (yet?). So, after some discussion, they backed down to 200$ for shipping, which is still outrageous; "Handling, time , packing materials blah blah blah, priority.." basically a bunch of . So I said fine... F you... and paid; 'gimme my book.' And have since sent an email or two asking where's my package?  Like Stewie.

....They just shipped it today.  As in I got an email 30 minutes ago.

Which is infuriating, given the charges, and my plans for this weekend, and the holiday. For F sake... Learn from my mistakes, people...

If you have an issue with a seller of comic books, this would be the place to hurt their wallet. You don't seem to want to give up that information as well as other pertinent information for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Sackolantern said:

Not going to name the site (yet?). So, after some discussion, they backed down to 200$ for shipping, which is still outrageous; "Handling, time , packing materials blah blah blah, priority.." basically a bunch of . So I said fine... F you... and paid; 'gimme my book.'

Weak.

1 hour ago, Sackolantern said:

Not going to name the site (yet?).

:facepalm:

Edited by Domo Arigato
Just.......nevermind.

Naming the site would be beneficial to members here I think... So we can stay clear from it!

I for one won 2 CGC books totaling $150 from HA which I thought was a great deal... until I got an email 3 days later updating my total invoice to $220. So $70 to ship 2 slabs... I know I'm in Canada but common! :frustrated:

My guess is Heritage. You can't expect anyone on here to learn from your mistake unless we know where you bought it from. Handling, time, packing materials is a bunch of bull. 15% buyer premium is enough money for them to rake in without charging outrageous s&h charges. I don't have any money regardless to spend anything on expensive books.

8 minutes ago, Philflound said:

My guess is Heritage. You can't expect anyone on here to learn from your mistake unless we know where you bought it from. Handling, time, packing materials is a bunch of bull. 15% buyer premium is enough money for them to rake in without charging outrageous s&h charges. I don't have any money regardless to spend anything on expensive books.

Heritage is 20% buyer premium. Heritage used to have very reasonable shipping charges but have recently bumped it aggressively. To further explode the costs, if they charge you sales tax, and a lot of states now qualify for sales tax with them, they charge tax on the bottom line, inclusive of shipping. A rule of thumb for me when bidding is to add approximately 30% to the bid price. While I am a big fan of Heritage, they have the product and excellent customer service, you have to man up to bid with them.

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:
2 hours ago, Philflound said:

Heritage is 20% buyer premium. Heritage used to have very reasonable shipping charges but have recently bumped it aggressively. To further explode the costs, if they charge you sales tax, and a lot of states now qualify for sales tax with them, they charge tax on the bottom line, inclusive of shipping. A rule of thumb for me when bidding is to add approximately 30% to the bid price. While I am a big fan of Heritage, they have the product and excellent customer service, you have to man up to bid with them.

Well now we know what your agenda is. :eyeroll:

43 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Well now we know what your agenda is. :eyeroll:

Totally puzzled by your comment ? The only reason I posted was to correct the Heritage BP quote. I added a few comments basically saying I like the services of Heritage but yes, they are expensive. Please explain why you think I have an agenda.