• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG, shipping charges...
2 2

87 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2017 at 9:57 AM, grebal said:

Pretty sure the "up to 100" insurance is included only when you buy the postage via "commercial plus pricing" tier.

This makes my state of confusion go down, as the last time I shipped Priority (a couple of weeks ago) it was still at $50.

On 12/1/2017 at 5:42 PM, Domo Arigato said:

JSA Yelp review from 5/31/2017:

"If I could give this company 0 stars or negative stars I would. A few years back I attended an in person signing of a number of Cardinals hall of famers. I had Bob Gibson sign a rookie card in good condition. JSA had on site verification of the item. I paid the fee thinking they would put the card in a case. Instead the employee pulls out a sticker and immediately puts it on the back of the card. DIRECTLY ON THE CARD. I was flabbergasted. I have been stewing over this to this day. They ruined a signed rookie card. In what world is putting one of their stickers on a card going to preserve or increase its value. The guys at the show just didn't give a mess. They were collecting their fees and just shuffling people through. If he for a second had indicated what he was going to do I would have stopped him. Perhaps that is par for the course in on site authentication, but they basically ruined a $400+ dollar card. Never to business with these crooks."

That is horribly hilarious.

For that type of shipping I would have declined the purchase unless it was something I absolutely had to have.

With the gap between the winning bid and the next highest I feel like they would have had no choice but to take that as a smaller loss.

They couldn't hold you to paying an unadvertised fee.

Further update.  And a helping of crow for me to eat?

I had spoken with my local USPS when I picked up the package, and later spoke with USPS customer service about the tracking #, and all indications were that the package was only shipped priority with signature confirmation.  I got back in touch with Delaware, who have provided an invoice/receipt from Stamps.com indicating that insurance for full value was indeed purchased, and it was much more expensive (a hair over $100)  than what we're used to seeing/paying on our USPS-registered packages to and from CGC.    This provides more basis for their quote, and I have to extend some apologies. But the price is still very high.

1 hour ago, Sackolantern said:

Further update.  And a helping of crow for me to eat?

I had spoken with my local USPS when I picked up the package, and later spoke with USPS customer service about the tracking #, and all indications were that the package was only shipped priority with signature confirmation.  I got back in touch with Delaware, who have provided an invoice/receipt from Stamps.com indicating that insurance for full value was indeed purchased, and it was much more expensive (a hair over $100)  than what we're used to seeing/paying on our USPS-registered packages to and from CGC.    This provides more basis for their quote, and I have to extend some apologies. But the price is still very high.

So they charged you $249 and paid a hair over $100.

You still got :censored: 'd.

And registered would have cost $50 or less, and included insurance for the full value.

Edited by Timmay

2 hours ago, Timmay said:

So they charged you $249 and paid a hair over $100.

You still got :censored: 'd.

And registered would have cost $50 or less, and included insurance for the full value.

And carrying third party shipping insurance, as many auction houses and memorabilia sellers carry, would have cost even less.