• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAK it up

46 posts in this topic

And that's fine. I'm not imposing that if you want to get the free stuff you have to donate. It's not even my thread. I don't run it.

Shadow could literally come in here and drop the hammer and be like, nope, I don't want any of this bs.

Take the free stuff and leave me alone. Fine.

But you should never feel bad about donating if you genuinely can't, plus charity starts at home.

Look I'm butting out of this.

Thought it would be a nice gesture to say thanks for the RAK.

Edited by rebelpk
premature submitter.

Not wound tight at all-- just remember how these types of threads devolve into arguments when others join in with their own ideas of how to run the thread. That is precisely what you started with your suggestion that people donate money to a charity. I never said it was wrong to encourage people to give to charity. But as I stated, start your own thread with your own set of rules/suggestions as to how you want it run. The OP set it up exactly as they wanted to and you pushed your way into altering it before they even put something on the shelf to give away.

RAK, Giving Tree, Pay it Forward-- all these threads died after groups of posters decided to jump in and tell everyone how to do it the right way or in other cases some came along and tried to take good stuff and give nothing but garbage in return (aka "Junk Donkeys"). 

It is why these threads eventually die and cause some to get upset.

It's free stuff. How can someone fudge up a thread about free stuff. We get it. Someone thinks that one should donate other stuff to accept the free stuff. Which suddenly isn't free.  How about if I offer free stuff but want something in return? Is it free anymore? 

Just let the OP offer his stuff his way and anyone who wants to offer  stuff in return for free stuff can go play in their own thread. 

Very nice gesture by the OP. 

:foryou: I'd feel bad if there were some who could repay the generosity with a give back as the OP stated and I took something and couldn't. But it is an RAK so I'm all for whatever helps other's celebrate the season :foryou:

CHEERS!! ^^

12 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

Last one for awhile.  

This one you have to have been a member for as long as I have and US shipping. 

Swampy RAK

IMG_2936.JPG

:takeit: 

wait a sec...., I'm not sure what your saying here...., as long, longer...., ?????  February 17, 2014 exactly????

Edited by lizards2

On 11/7/2017 at 6:56 AM, 01TheDude said:

and so it begins..... even though the original poster said nothing was expected, in comes the valiant poster to make sure that whoever claims whatever the item(s) is/are meets the RAK with a proper payment of some sort. Perhaps this person should start their own thread instead of trying to hijack this one with their own agenda. Anyone who accepts something here now has to answer to all the self-appointed morality police that RUIN this board so often.

Tread carefully anyone who decides to accept any RAK on these boards.

No!!! The "do-gooders" here don't act like that, do they???

CAL who reads in total bewilderment....:juggle:

Edited by Calamerica
bad keyboard

3 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

No!!! The "do-gooders" here don't act like that, do they???

CAL who reads in total bewilderment....:juggle:

How about RAK-ing me with some picks for this weekends games?   :baiting:

23 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Always loved the covers on those old Swamp Thing books.  You can tell he took his time with the art.

My older brother used to work firewatch for a logging company.  He would buy all the comics that Dink's Market had to read during the day, then give them all to me.  :cloud9:

Swamp Thing 1 was one of them, but I never collected the title until I picked up a few nice, creepy ones from an October sales thread here a few years ago. 

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by lizards2
I already got carp for mentioning Dink's Market - it's in Oakridge, Oregon

On 11/7/2017 at 9:30 AM, Jimbo749 said:

I didn't know RAK either. Best I can tell,  it is the guy that created CHAKAN The Forever Man comics, which eventually became a Genesis game. So learned something new today, I had played the game before but didn't realize it was an original comic character.

This was my grail for many many years till I got it last year 

IMG_8351.PNG