• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brian Michael Bendis moving to DC

27 posts in this topic

I liked Bendis when he first moved to Marvel after his indie work such as Torso and Jinx, at the time of Powers and Ultimate Spider-Man, but got tired of his often dragged-out, very decompressed style.

An important creator for me back then, not so much now.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am willing  to bet he writes Batman. 

Yah I can't imagine he would make the move unless he was promised a marquee title (nor could they afford to pay him for a lesser title).  And since they only have one marquee title, its probably Batman.  I guess there's a small chance its Detective, even smaller chance of Justice League.  The question is what secondary title he might also get? 

I'll be curious to see what he does, that's for sure.  I haven't really read anything of his since Siege, and haven't really read anything of his I really enjoyed since Alias...but with a whole new toy box to play with, here's hoping it breathes some new life into his endeavors.

This is going to be a disaster for DC.  Bendis doesn't do research, and he doesn't respect history.  Batman and Alfred are going to spend half an issue arguing about soup, Robin's going to sound like Spider-Man, and Bendis is going to ruin R'as al-Ghul just because he wants to use ninjas in a story. 

Who's replacing Bendis as chief-screw-up for big Summer crossovers at Marvel?  The hail Hydra guy?

18 hours ago, Brock said:

Wordy?

Yeah... wordy.

His?

Right - Bendis. Wordy.

All his stories?

They can.

Can't they?

Sometimes...

All the time.

Yeah.

When I read this I start imagining a William Shatner voice.

Bendis's dialogue would be great for a Star Trek comic.

Born to write it.

23 hours ago, Ares said:

Not sure if this is a good thing.

His stories can be wordy!

Good riddance to him. Let them drown in word bubbles and hyperbole as he pitches the notion that his latest arc  "will change everything" every 6 months. Best news in a long time at Marvel. :golfclap:

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Tom King isn't brief himself.

True, he has been a bit of a Chatty Cathy, especially since Catwoman has been hanging around so much. 

4 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

Good riddance to him. Let them drown in word bubbles and hyperbole as he pitches the notion that his latest arc  "will change everything" every 6 months. Best news in a long time at Marvel. :golfclap:

Always found it odd that people limit themselves to who produces the comic rather than the content of a comic.