• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner well loose inside slab

7 posts in this topic

So I bought a book on ebay recently and it arrived with the inner well loose inside the slab. Noticed it immediately because it shifted around as I picked it up out of the box. It is in a very old slab (from 2001) and I was wondering if anyone had seen this happen before. (Note, there is no problem with the ebay transaction, I spoke to the seller and he recommended to return it for a full refund, I was just curious if this is something that happens often with older slabs) 

I have one like that from a while ago too now that I think about it. I've been questioning the reholder due to wanting the same grade. Yikes

It's a 2nd gen holder

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, Mackenzie999 said:

Does reholdering automatically mean regrading?

No not really... But they do glance it over to see if the grade stays the same. I've done two reholders so far... But that was because the two cases were broken... I think they told me they glanced over them to see if the case had hurt the comic when they broke.

But as far as just a straight reholder it should not be regraded, but I'd still be nervous for myself... Because mine is a Silver Surfer 4 cgc 8.0 and it's got a bite out of one of the corners, and I don't "know" if it was damaged in the case, as I bought it that way...

I definitely should get mine redone. I submit through the LCS and a reholder is a separate invoice and shipping. Stinks lol I only have the one book to do, but is a good thing at the same time.