• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada August 30-September 2, 2018

194 posts in this topic

I did wonder when (approximately) will comic guest start to be announced? I ask as getting in touch with people about commissions for the show takes a bit of lead time.

All the other shows from Fan Expo have great guest and I am sure this will be no different.

Comics Wave 1 

SCOTT SNYDER 

GREG CAPULLO

ANDY KUBERT

DAVID FINCH

TOM KING

JOCK

PETER TOMASI

MARGUERITE BENNETT

JAMES TYNION IV

MATTHEW ROSENBERG

MEREDITH FINCH

RAMON PEREZ

KYLE HIGGINS

SAM HUMPHRIES

JOSHUA WILLIAMSON

STEVE ORLANDO

FRANK TIERI

CHRIS STEVENS

RAY FAWKES

JENN ST. ONGE

JAY FOSGITT

31841805_1809463842438531_2137239060077346816_o.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

We'll have details when everything is finalized. He will definitely be doing something special with Star Trek and William Shatner. Beyond that he will probably be signing other items and at this time he does not sign books that will be graded. That may change, but it's entirely up to Mr. Byrne. I will share when I have official details.

So Byrne hasn't officially attended a convention as a guest since 2004's Mid-Ohio Con, although he did go to 2 50th Anniversary of Star Trek events in the summer of 2016 and signed at the IDW booth, and was at the 2017 New York Comic Con where he appeared at the IDW booth and did a Kirby panel with Walt Simonson. 

The Legend.  This will be insane.  I can already picture the line-up for Byrne - from the convention centre on Front St. to...Bloor?  St. Clair?  Eglinton??? Kevin you'll want to tell the Toronto Police to assume this is like planning for one of the marathons - streets will need to be closed off, etc.

(Some people may think I'm joking - I'm not - it's John Byrne fer chrissakes - and every single comic fan that can't get to Boston, will be at Toronto -- LEGEND)