• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada August 30-September 2, 2018

194 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2018 at 8:22 PM, roach04 said:

The Legend.  This will be insane.  I can already picture the line-up for Byrne - from the convention centre on Front St. to...Bloor?  St. Clair?  Eglinton??? Kevin you'll want to tell the Toronto Police to assume this is like planning for one of the marathons - streets will need to be closed off, etc.

(Some people may think I'm joking - I'm not - it's John Byrne fer chrissakes - and every single comic fan that can't get to Boston, will be at Toronto -- LEGEND)

Agree - I really hope that 1) Byrne allows for witnessing, and 2) some package is worked out for a private signing so we can pay to  guarantee sigs and not have to play the public-line lottery game!

This is likely a silly question for has Fan Expo ever considered organizing special tickets for some of the less famous artists. I realize not everyone should do it but I would happily pay for a Dan Parent sketch package (or a number of other people).

14 hours ago, ignimbrite said:

This is likely a silly question for has Fan Expo ever considered organizing special tickets for some of the less famous artists. I realize not everyone should do it but I would happily pay for a Dan Parent sketch package (or a number of other people).

FXC had 168 guests last year so it would be a coordination nightmare, but it's something to consider for the featured and special guests. 

20 hours ago, CKinTO said:

Agree - I really hope that 1) Byrne allows for witnessing, and 2) some package is worked out for a private signing so we can pay to  guarantee sigs and not have to play the public-line lottery game!

Right now his policy is no witnessing. Yes there will be a special event package for Mr. Byrne, details are still being worked out.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:09 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

Legendary creator John Byrne will be making a rare appearance at#FANEXPOCanada2018 alongside the one and only William Shatner! 

32392155_1824107590974156_4036978905565888512_o.png

@Kevin Boyd Still can't believe John will be attending Fan Expo in August, being that he rarely EVER attends cons now a days, I figure it'll be packed. I know its really early to tell, but do you have an idea whether John will be sketching at all in his special package, or signing session? I contacted his agent to see if John could add a sketch to my jam piece at Fan Expo, and he did tell me to show it to John and ask him, so I never got the impression he won't be doing them there, even though I find it unlikely...

On 5/15/2018 at 12:09 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

Legendary creator John Byrne will be making a rare appearance at#FANEXPOCanada2018 alongside the one and only William Shatner! 

32392155_1824107590974156_4036978905565888512_o.png

Kevin,

I know you will be eventually announcing packages regarding Byrne. At present are you able to say if he will only be signing IDW Star Trek books he worked on? Or will he sign any IDW book i.e. Artist Edition, Marvel or DC printed comics and will he touch reprints or compilations of his work i.e. Omnibus? As well, do you know how many sigs and costs? Will VIPs have front of the line access with him? Any info or timeframe regarding info would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Why include an image at all? I mean, you can just ask me a question. Or you can send me a private message. 

I don't have any details yet on Byrne to share. We're talking to him, setting the details of the packages and what he will and won't sign and for what. 

Just now, Kevin Boyd said:

Why include an image at all? I mean, you can just ask me a question. Or you can send me a private message. 

I don't have any details yet on Byrne to share. We're talking to him, setting the details of the packages and what he will and won't sign and for what. 

Thanks for the prompt update. 

Next wave of Comics guests announced:

Arthur Adams 
Francesco Mattina 
Lee Bermejo
Neal Adams 
Ken Lashley 
Yanick Paquette 
Evan Doc Shaner 
Jae Lee 
Bob McLeod 
Terry Moore 
Joyce Chin 
Ty Templeton 
Michael Walsh 
Johnny Desjardins 
Adam Gorham 
Jamal Campbell 
Jahnoy Lindsay 
Dave Ross 
Jon Lam 
Mike Rooth 
Jason Loo

35162064_1854744117910503_6342324527501934592_o.jpg

MEET SUPERSTAR COMIC ARTIST JOCK

FAN EXPO Canada is pleased to offer a rare opportunity
sketch package with UK based artist JOCK (All Star Batman, Green Arrow: Year One, The Losers).
Jock appears at only acouple of North American shows a year, and rarely, if ever, sketches at conventions.
Choose between a sketch of Batman or his arch-nemesis The Joker.  

TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY JUNE 13, 2018 AT 5PM

DATE    PRICE
Saturday September 1, 2018 (Time: TBD) $449.00 CANADIAN
THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Original inked head & torso sketch done on 8.5x11 drawing paper. (Batman or Joker)
5 autographs per person.
Exclusive roundtable discussion with Jock.
The best selfie ever! Don’t forget your camera.
NOTES
Character request for inked sketch to be made at time of purchase.

1525464252513.png