• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada August 30-September 2, 2018

194 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, ignimbrite said:

Does anyone know if there will be any original art dealers at the show?

I’ll be bringing some. (thumbsu 

Definitely no dealers strictly bringing art, but some will be around.  

All New Comics and I split a booth in the All New Comics section where we sell OA and prints from our collections and some GTA collectors consign pieces to us to sell on their behalf. 

Some American art dealers bring additional pieces by request and sit with their clients in the pro area - while they don’t set up directly as themselves, but you can usually find Essential Sequential, More Great Art, Kwan Chang and more are on site.

On 8/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, Haiden said:

Anybody attending that I would be able to work with to get a signature CGC done? I didnt have any luck finding anyone for SDCC to help me out. Let me know or message me  :)

@Kevlar is scheduled to facilitate this show

On 8/10/2018 at 4:35 PM, ignimbrite said:

Out of curiousity are the exclusives actual Toronto Fan Expo exclusives or are the just convention exclusives that are sold at numerous cons?

They are convention exclusives but if they have any left over at the end of the show they will bring to subsequent shows.

@Kevin Boyd I took a look at the updated draft schedule, and it's now showing that the John Byrne / William Shatner ticketed event is on Thurs at 3pm (vs Friday at 3pm, which is what's stated in its Special Event page). Is this just an error, or is this actually being moved to the Thursday? Thx

23 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

@Kevin Boyd I took a look at the updated draft schedule, and it's now showing that the John Byrne / William Shatner ticketed event is on Thurs at 3pm (vs Friday at 3pm, which is what's stated in its Special Event page). Is this just an error, or is this actually being moved to the Thursday? Thx

The schedule is still being worked on. But it will be on Friday. Chances are someone behind the scenes is working on it and moved the box for some reason.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

3 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

They’ve schedule is still being worked on. But it will be on Friday. Chances are someone behind the scenes is working on it.

Whew - just about had a mad panic there - wasn't planning to be at the show Thursday until after 5...but can't miss Byrne, regardless of date & time!  @Kevin Boyd - you figure they'll have it updated fairly soon?  (Better safe than sorry!)