• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Boston / Boston Comic Con Aug 10-12, 2018
1 1

104 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2018 at 10:07 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

I know Albert Moy, More Great Art, Comic Art House and Jim Warden (he's just bringing Byrne art) for sure are coming, probably more as I haven't looked at the full list of exhibitors yet.

Speaking of the full list of exhibitors, is it posted online? I can't find it on the show website.

Couple of comics announcements:

WILL MURRAY

Co-Creator of Squirrel Girl will be at the show on Saturday to participate in the Steve Ditko Tribute panel that runs 6-7

MARK TEXEIRA 

Is coming to the show on Saturday. Located on the pro wall TBD

Mark Texeira.jpg

Will Murray.jpg

Any updates on John Byrne?  Any restrictions on what he will sign?  I have a fair amount of CGC SS books I'd need to get "cracked" and would love to have him sign (never thought I'd get the opportunity before).

As far as we know, CGC is not an option as he has been against signing for grading companies and I got a no the last time I inquired. CGC employees and some facilitators will make another attempt to ask him in person on Friday.

He's definitely willing to sign anything at the Special Event with Shatner on Sunday. We haven't been able to get a definite answer on his rules at his table, so we can't officially say, I don't want to promise something and then have you find out something incorrect.

But I know for sure is that he has two tables on the pro wall, and his art rep Jim Warden will be there with him on Friday and Saturday. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd

J. Scott will basically park himself in his booth from the moment he arrives at the show until the end of the day, which is why there's no posted signing times. I'm sure he'll take a couple of breaks throughout the day, but he likes to come in and out in one day and see as many people as he can during that time.

Cully Hamner has backed out, work deadlines loom. 

Everyone at Fan Expo HQ express our condolences to Jerry Lawler and his family, his son Brian passed away last week and he is unable to attend Fan Expo Boston. 

21 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

As far as we know, CGC is not an option as he has been against signing for grading companies and I got a no the last time I inquired. CGC employees and some facilitators will make another attempt to ask him in person on Friday.

He's definitely willing to sign anything at the Special Event with Shatner on Sunday. We haven't been able to get a definite answer on his rules at his table, so we can't officially say, I don't want to promise something and then have you find out something incorrect.

But I know for sure is that he has two tables on the pro wall, and his art rep Jim Warden will be there with him on Friday and Saturday. 

Any chance we will know before the opening on Friday if the facilitators had a chance to talk to Mr. Bryne?  I was hoping to take a half day and drive down Friday to have him sign my CGC books.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

What's Byrne's signing policy, how are the lines and do VIP's get to the front of the line?

He is not doing CGC, not even to donate to a charity, so he is sticking to his guns. Lines are pretty long, but he goes through pretty quick. Signing 10 books per family, no multiples. I am not sure if he is doing personalization to detract from people selling the books.