• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to sell about 30 slabs at once..not individually

18 posts in this topic

Haven't been on in a long while.  I was wondering what the best way to get rid of about 30 slabs.  I want to avoid posting them individually, but might have to do that later on.

Most are CGC SS from McFarlane, Leifeld, Zeck, Turner, etc.  A few keys (NM98,87) and a few oddballs like GI Joe Special #1 (no GPA sales since 2014).

A quick GPA (I priced them below GPA value) had them for $9830.  I know I won't get close to that, but I'm trying to sell them to get some grails.

TIA

Brian (located in southern CA by the way)

Well, my experience is that you can sell them all fast, or you can maximize your profit, but you probably can't do both. A dealer might take the lot at once, but the best bang for your buck would be doing exactly what you're trying NOT to do, which is piece them out. Good luck either way!

30 is not a lot to list - I would do that separately to maximize your $$ ( or try MCS) - if trying to list here ( and this is based on me and not a real offer) -- for that many slabs I would research the list and pay ~ 75-80% gpa for the keys with solid data  - probably 50% of GPA for SS or estimated GPA for those with poor data ( like only 1-2 sales in the last 12 months or less) . This is based more on the bulk purchase you would be looking for. Some might offer more - many less? 

1 hour ago, bghkoyama said:

Haven't been on in a long while.  I was wondering what the best way to get rid of about 30 slabs.  I want to avoid posting them individually, but might have to do that later on.

Most are CGC SS from McFarlane, Leifeld, Zeck, Turner, etc.  A few keys (NM98,87) and a few oddballs like GI Joe Special #1 (no GPA sales since 2014).

A quick GPA (I priced them below GPA value) had them for $9830.  I know I won't get close to that, but I'm trying to sell them to get some grails.

TIA

I was in the same boat.... a bunch of slabs to sell and not willing or nuanced enough to list, sell and ship them individually. Over the past year I have sent 750 slabs to MyComicShop (at least 2/3 have sold so far).  You can price them and change prices when you want and the cost is your shipping costs to them and a 10% commission for each slab (less if it is a higher value book). It is a nice check each week.  :)

Just to clarify, if your book sells for less than $50, it is a $5 commission., not 10%. So if your book sells for $20, they still take a $5 commission.  On Higher value books , the commission rate drops a bit.  Over $300, it drops to 8% and over $3,000 it drops again.

Edited by shadroch

5 hours ago, bghkoyama said:

TIA

I would assume they are Copper or Modern. Are the 9.6 or 9.8s?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I would assume they are Copper or Modern. Are the 9.6 or 9.8s?

Yes...copper/modern.  9.4 to 9.8's (NM98 are 9.2, (3) 9.4's, (3) 9.6's), GI Joe Special (3) 9.8's (only 15 graded that high, none higher), and a few Turner Civil Wars CGC SS 9.8's to name a few.

8 hours ago, bghkoyama said:

Yes...copper/modern.  9.4 to 9.8's (NM98 are 9.2, (3) 9.4's, (3) 9.6's), GI Joe Special (3) 9.8's (only 15 graded that high, none higher), and a few Turner Civil Wars CGC SS 9.8's to name a few.

Yes, as others have said MCS is probably your best option.

16 hours ago, bghkoyama said:

TIA

FYI, you may be looking at the wrong GPA data for the GI Joe. A 9.8 sold in Sept. for $480 and there have been multiple since 2014.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

FYI, you may be looking at the wrong GPA data for the GI Joe. A 9.8 sold in Sept. for $480 and there have been multiple since 2014.

Sorry,  I didn't clarify on the GI Joe Special.  I have (3) CGC SS 9.8 signed by McFarlane.  GPA shows that the last one sold for $500 in 2014.  And GPA only shows 2 being sold for the CGC SS 9.8 McFarlane signed version.

6 minutes ago, bghkoyama said:

Sorry,  I didn't clarify on the GI Joe Special.  I have (3) CGC SS 9.8 signed by McFarlane.  GPA shows that the last one sold for $500 in 2014.  And GPA only shows 2 being sold for the CGC SS 9.8 McFarlane signed version.

Gotcha, I would say you could use the inflation rate of the blue label.

I must ask, did you get them signed personally and did Todd give a confused or disgusted look?

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Gotcha, I would say you could use the inflation rate of the blue label.

I must ask, did you get them signed personally and did Todd give a confused or disgusted look?

Haha...I submitted them a while ago...the witness did say he gave a double take on the comic before signing them.