• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
10 10

576 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Anyone heard how close to Christmas one can ship and still make it there yet ? I figure a week out is still safe, but mine is ready for shipping as soon as I wrap it. :banana:

:shy:

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, HollyJollyOne said:

One more reminder. Although pretty much everyone just received there assignments today, it's never too early to think about shipping times, especially those of you who are shipping out of your country of origin.

I picked this up the other day at my local, US based post office.

5a1a587663d6d_2017USPSHolidayReminder.jpg.719c0923413a3ba0d060e5db26c23aeb.jpg

How much time your parcel takes to get to its final destination is a good thing to keep in mind this time of the year.

:whistle:

Sooner the better, IMO.

-HJO

1 hour ago, Bird said:

Is there going to be a raffle this year?

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I remember HollyJollyOne saying he would start the thread soon.

See the source imageI

Calm down. :sumo:

lol

I heard from @HolidayHam before the start of the SS and he expressed interest in still doing the raffle. If a thread for it is not up by this weekend, I'll start organizing it. I know he's busy so it would be my honor.
(I really hope he does the drawing of names though... if I do it, it will be lame.)

1 hour ago, HollyJollyOne said:

:shy:

:whistle:

Sooner the better, IMO.

-HJO

Not to worry, I got the tracking number on the items coming to me. And I have the box, wrapping paper and bows ready standing by on my table as soon I get the items. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer is on my speed text list. (:

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, comicdonna said:

I was pleasantly surprised.  :smile:

DSCF8952.jpg

That would have been even better if your dog was pizzing on Supes...., 

Here at home I am discouraged from guessing my gifts as the wife gets mad at my unerring ability to nail what is under the paper. It isn't hard; take the shape, texture/feel, and weight of the package...factor in who is giving it and bang there you go. I still do it though. I enjoy guessing a lot...stretching out that gift-opening moment of anticipation.

So I want to state now that I am guessing here as well. I believe that I know my SS and what they have given me. And I am psyched. (I have no actual direct knowledge, but like I said I like to guess!)

On the giving end, it seems that every elf in the area wants to add to the package so my person will be getting a nice varied box of goodies. I am sending out this weekend for sure!

23 minutes ago, Bird said:

On the giving end, it seems that every elf in the area wants to add to the package so my person will be getting a nice varied box of goodies. I am sending out this weekend for sure!

Secret Santa.  Heh.

No seriously, what gives on that, elves been talking trash?  Mass telepathy?

nm, I have a guess, the Sharon-help-out grapevine ?

Edited by grebal

2 hours ago, grebal said:

Secret Santa.  Heh.

No seriously, what gives on that, elves been talking trash?  Mass telepathy?

nothing so complicated actually...I just meant that I am putting together a bunch of different things and keep thinking "ooh, maybe I should add that" as the pile grows. The elves thing was just being silly. Actually the tiny basterds keep eating my cookies.