• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
10 10

576 posts in this topic

:bump:

Just over one week away for sign-up in the 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange.
See the first post on the first page of this thread for all the details and get your completed sign-up form PM'd to me no later than November 24th at 11pm (ET).

Happy Holidays Everyone

-HJO 

9 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

:bump:

Just over one week away for sign-up in the 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange.
See the first post on the first page of this thread for all the details and get your completed sign-up form PM'd to me no later than November 24th at 11pm (ET).

Happy Holidays Everyone

-HJO 

Have the comic book generals around here ever considered having the raffle only for the gift exchange participants ?  :popcorn:

It's kind of like an after party or something.  A place where the fun REALLY starts kickin in

Just wondering

Edited by Senormac

12 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Have the comic book generals around here ever considered having the raffle only for the gift exchange participants ?  :popcorn:

It's kind of like an after party or something.  A place where the fun REALLY starts kickin in

Just wondering

That's how it used to be, but I cannot remember the exact reason(s) why it was altered the way it was or exactly what year it was changed.
If you look through the past few years worth of threads, I'm sure it's mentioned in there somewhere.

Here's a few links:
2016 Gift Exchange Sign-Up        2016 Raffle

2015 Gift Exchange Sign-Up        2015 Raffle

2014 Gift Exchange Sign-Up        2014 Raffle

2013 Gift Exchange Sign-Up        2013 Raffle

-HJO

59 minutes ago, HollyJollyOne said:
1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Just wondering

That's how it used to be, but I cannot remember the exact reason(s) why it was altered the way it was or exactly what year it was changed.
If you look through the past few years worth of threads, I'm sure it's mentioned in there somewhere.

Here's a few links:

-HJO

Probably some pc bs about increasing the number of participants

21 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, Senormac said:

A Plastic Man # 1 in 6.0 or better ? :wishluck:

Oh that's funny

It's my guess, and I stand by it :grin:

36 minutes ago, Senormac said:
1 hour ago, HollyJollyOne said:
1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Just wondering

Here's a few links:

-HJO

Probably some pc bs about increasing the number of participants

I did a little reading.
2015 was the first year that the raffle became Pay-to-Play. Before then, if you were in the gift exchange you were automatically entered into the raffle regardless of whether or not you donated a prize. In theory back then, not everyone entered into the raffle would be guaranteed a prize.
If you read through the 2014 threads linked above, you can see it mentioned (lots of drama, too) but it appears that most of these changes were discussed and made via PM.

You commented in both those threads, btw. I'm surprised you didn't remember... :baiting:

lol

-HJO

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

Just wondering

Unfortunately there were a few people in the SS contest not donating to the raffle at all. It was usually OK because some people donated more than 1 prize so there were enough, but there were a few problems. This way only the people who WANT to participate do. 

At least that's the way I remember it.

1 hour ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I did a little reading.
2015 was the first year that the raffle became Pay-to-Play. Before then, if you were in the gift exchange you were automatically entered into the raffle regardless of whether or not you donated a prize. In theory back then, not everyone entered into the raffle would be guaranteed a prize.
If you read through the 2014 threads linked above, you can see it mentioned (lots of drama, too) but it appears that most of these changes were discussed and made via PM.

You commented in both those threads, btw. I'm surprised you didn't remember... :baiting:

lol

-HJO

I'm happy to remember last week 

6 hours ago, Senormac said:
8 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I did a little reading.

lol

-HJO

I'm happy to remember last week 

banana082.gif

16 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Unfortunately there were a few people in the SS contest not donating to the raffle at all. It was usually OK because some people donated more than 1 prize so there were enough, but there were a few problems. This way only the people who WANT to participate do. 

At least that's the way I remember it.

Not me

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I paid you a compliment in the Flash thread...you missed it;)

I saw it and didn't understand it...or I wasn't paying attention.