• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
10 10

576 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Bird said:

Here at home I am discouraged from guessing my gifts as the wife gets mad at my unerring ability to nail what is under the paper. It isn't hard; take the shape, texture/feel, and weight of the package...factor in who is giving it and bang there you go. I still do it though. I enjoy guessing a lot...stretching out that gift-opening moment of anticipation.

So I want to state now that I am guessing here as well. I believe that I know my SS and what they have given me. And I am psyched. (I have no actual direct knowledge, but like I said I like to guess!)

On the giving end, it seems that every elf in the area wants to add to the package so my person will be getting a nice varied box of goodies. I am sending out this weekend for sure!

hm

9 hours ago, wombat said:

I'm getting killed on one item. The old created a label, but hasn't been picked up yet.   :pullhair:

Same situation with me. It's going to be a close...

Oh man, I’m not going to open anything without looking to see who sends it. I always open up one present on Christmas Eve and I usually use that for my Secret Santa gift. I look forward to the unknown goodies. 

I sent mine off today and it will be arriving on someone’s doorstep tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, CAHokie said:

Oh man, I’m not going to open anything without looking to see who sends it. I always open up one present on Christmas Eve and I usually use that for my Secret Santa gift. I look forward to the unknown goodies. 

I sent mine off today and it will be arriving on someone’s doorstep tomorrow! 

I wouldn't either, but, there was no return address and no indication that it was a SS gift.  Just a box in a mailing envelope and I was expecting a couple of other things I ordered

With all of the package stealing going on out there, it is probably a good idea to give your secret Santa target a heads up on package delivery, and share tracking numbers (if there are any) So they know when things are arriving. Ive had packages showing up very late at night and if I wasn't a night owl they be sitting out overnight....

Just an fyi for everyone.
If you'd like me to relay an "anonymous" message to your Secret Santa recipient with particular instructions, mailing updates, or whatecer, just PM me and I'll pass it along. I've done it quite a few times already and it really is no big deal.

-HJO

11 hours ago, aszumilo said:

Got my gift today.  There was no indication what it was and it wasn't wrapped.  Thought it was another book I ordered, so, I opened it.  Ooops.  I'll wait for the reveal thread to show it.  Thanks Avi.

Yeah, sorry about that, first time doing a secret here and kinda rushed getting your gift out. Hope it didnt ruin the SS experience. Lesson learned for next year! :tink: 

Edited by Avi