• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2017 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
10 10

576 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CAHokie said:

Agreed! Mine showed delivered a week plus ago and I have wondered if they got it.

Tell them to get with the program! :sumo:  The gift I gave has been sent, received, opened, and a thank you has been returned.  :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Bird said:

Tell them to get with the program! :sumo:  The gift I gave has been sent, received, opened, and a thank you has been returned.  :bigsmile:

Hey, it’s still better than a couple of years ago when my recipient opened his present early, took some of the items for himself and then sent a small portion of it to his Secret Santa as their only present. It would have worked had the guy receiving it not being one of my close friends on the boards! :roflmao:

5 minutes ago, CAHokie said:
1 hour ago, Bird said:

Hey, it’s still better than a couple of years ago when my recipient opened his present early, took some of the items for himself and then sent a small portion of it to his Secret Santa as their only present. It would have worked had the guy receiving it not being one of my close friends on the boards!

:facepalm:

I remember that... nobody do that. (tsk)

Lol, I’m sure that was a one time thing and Santa banned (and ripped him a new one)  from any future presents. It wasn’t funny at the time but now I can laugh about it.

50 minutes ago, CAHokie said:

Hey, it’s still better than a couple of years ago when my recipient opened his present early, took some of the items for himself and then sent a small portion of it to his Secret Santa as their only present. It would have worked had the guy receiving it not being one of my close friends on the boards! :roflmao:

Wow. That's really messed up.  Obviously the jerk doesn't know the meaning of Christmas. Glad he was booted. 

56 minutes ago, CAHokie said:

I remember that classic moment.  lol

Send me a PM I want to know who it was 

:roflmao:

What a story!  How did you and your friend figure it out?

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

What a story!  How did you and your friend figure it out?

We were discussing our Secret Santa presents. The guy giving me my present had a reputation for being a junk donkey or at the very least a cheapskate. But you know what, that guy went all out and spent time getting me something that was very personalized to my interests (My very first Black Cat sketch cover).

My friend (not the above guy)told me about his gift which he appreciated but thought was odd because it was nothing close to any of the interests listed. I was like, hahha, I gave my guy that plus the following items and then I was like.....wait....who was your guy? 

From there it was as simple as comparing shipping dates. He confessed to it and said he already had those issues and wanted to pass them forward.

I will have to go look up his name. I’m not for sure he is even around anymore. He only used the boards for selling.

Edited by CAHokie