• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else collect Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?

58 posts in this topic

So I do have all of the DC Rudolph's, they start in 1950 and are thirteen comics, a handful of treasuries and one digest. I will try to put them in order, including the back cover of the comics, because the back covers were very cool. 

The span gold, silver and the bronze age.

r1950a.jpg

r1950b.jpg

I'll let Silver post the books, since it looks like they have much better copies that I do, generally.

I've got the full run, 12 regular issues, one Giant Annual, 6 regular treasuries, 1 Summer Fun treasury, 1 digest.  And the original Montgomery Ward giveaway, but I've only got the 1951 version of that, not the 1939.

14 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I'll let Silver post the books, since it looks like they have much better copies that I do, generally.

I've got the full run, 12 regular issues, one Giant Annual, 6 regular treasuries, 1 Summer Fun treasury, 1 digest.  And the original Montgomery Ward giveaway, but I've only got the 1951 version of that, not the 1939.

OtherEric,

please feel free to post some of yours. I have a few nice copies, but not all are.

9 hours ago, Silver said:

OtherEric,

please feel free to post some of yours. I have a few nice copies, but not all are.

Most of mine are, as is the case with most of my books, lower grade.  But I'll see what you have and add some.

Since you haven't posted it yet, here's the original giveaway.  Like I said, I've got the 1951 reprint, not the 1939 original. 

Rudolph_orig_1951.jpg

Rudolph_orig_1951_bc.jpg

My family used to own the sheet music for the song that had an great drawing on the cover. Wish I still had that to show you.

It might have been the same as this one from 1970 I found on google images though I thought it had better artwork on the one we had.

I took piano lessons and this was one of the songs I had memorized.

51FxA8BQAmL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg