• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone else collect Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?

56 posts in this topic

My copy of the 62-63 Annual is missing the back cover, unfortunately.  It's hard enough to find at all that I'm still happy to have it.

Since you skipped it, here's a shot of my copy of the C-42 tabloid:

DBFC2C18-5A7B-45CB-A8F3-C0BFF6CAC667.jpeg

C6E623DE-A139-41CE-A7A1-5857BE1D608F.jpeg

Edited by OtherEric
Added photos

Thanks for posting the 42, I missed it when I was looking through my treasury covers. 

Collecting this title, and subsequently upgrading lower grade copies has been a 30 year pursuit and still continues. I was very lucky with the treasuries and bought a original owner run, they are stunning. There was no C20, so I had to get a copy off of eBay. I have never seen a high grade copy.

Cool thread.

There is a interesting book up on Amazon about the making and history of the tv show.

Image result for THE MAKING OF THE RANKIN/BASS HOLIDAY CLASSIC: RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER

This book delves into the making of a RANKIN/BASS TV Classic: The ANIMAGIC animation process, the music by Maury Laws and Johnny Marks, the great Canadian voice actors, the -script by Romeo Muller and the complete world of Arthur Rankin, Jr. and Jules Bass. The TV Special is almost 50 years old and still going strong! The highest-rated, longest-running TV Special of all-time! The foreword is written by Arthur Rankin, Jr. and the AFTERWORD is written by Academy Award winning PIXAR Director/Writer ANDREW STANTON (FINDING NEMO, WALL-E). The late, great PIXAR storyman Joe Ranft also lended a great helping hand with commentary as well.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 11/16/2017 at 5:07 AM, Silver said:

Thanks for posting the 42, I missed it when I was looking through my treasury covers. 

Collecting this title, and subsequently upgrading lower grade copies has been a 30 year pursuit and still continues. I was very lucky with the treasuries and bought a original owner run, they are stunning. There was no C20, so I had to get a copy off of eBay. I have never seen a high grade copy.

I recently upgraded my C-20 to a crazy nice copy. Only took 20+ years to find a better one. I will have to take a picture and post it here. 

Did anyone else notice the Rudolph 1962-63 NN Annual in CGC 8.5 sold for 3,360.00 w/ buyers premium in the recent Heritage Auction?Highest graded copy .This same copy sold on Heritage  for 840.00 in 2019.I saw it languishing on EBay for a few  years ,asking price a little below 2000.00,if I remember correctly. It was a very strong Auction for highest graded DC silver Annuals ! 

"Does anyone else collect Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?"

I do, I do! But I still haven't found any yet.

:frown:

P.S.: What happened to the pictures in this thread?

???

Edited by Hepcat

On 4/7/2024 at 3:02 PM, Hepcat said:

"Does anyone else collect Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?"

I do, I do! But I still haven't found any yet.

:frown:

P.S. What happened to the pictures in this thread?

???

Check out Silvers  #1 Rudolph set in the CGC Registry . Lots of photos .Reindeer stories

too!