• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM IRON MAN 1 **Back From CGC**
3 3

28 posts in this topic

Just picked up this Iron Man. I’ll probably send it in soon. I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were about it. Presents well on the front for sure, but I’m not sure about those spots on the back.

I’m wondering if it’s worth a press?

A6079C74-25B1-442D-8A10-5CA475BE490C.jpeg

CF57CA50-BCDC-45DB-8410-B9A9688EEA71.jpeg

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80
Back From CGC

@STORMSHADOW_80

it looks like "foxing" rather than dirt to me... but not sure, and a press won't fix "foxing"

all in all I say nice book though, I'd say 6.5.... which is a tough call lol

it looks slightly better than 6.5  but with that chip out of the bottom back idk it might have a .5 swing either way 

It will present well, 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@STORMSHADOW_80

it looks like "foxing" rather than dirt to me... but not sure, and a press won't fix "foxing"

all in all I say nice book though, I'd say 6.5.... which is a tough call lol

it looks slightly better than 6.5  but with that chip out of the bottom back idk it might have a .5 swing either way 

It will present well, 

Thanks. Yeah i think it's foxing. I would be really happy with a 6.5 on this one.

On the bottom of the back it looks like a chip but it's just discolored. Top of back folds in a little.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

i am gonna go with 6.0 6.5 on this one. Can't wait to see the grade when you get it back!  (Ask Chris the comicbookpresser if it is worth pressing) He'll tell ya

I dropped it off with Chris last week. I can't wait to send it in soon.

8 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I said a 6.0 but that sure looks like foxing and i think its gonna come back below 6.0 .........i think 5.5 is the best it can b. 

Unfortunately the foxing didn't come out but at least it's on the back cover. I would be happy with anything above a 5.

7 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Unfortunately the foxing didn't come out but at least it's on the back cover. I would be happy with anything above a 5.

You've seen pics of my IH 181 7.5 it had some foxing.... I think it will still at least get 5.0 :wishluck::foryou: