• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It has shipped!....SHIPPED!!!

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JLA Brad said:

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

That's right! Today! November 10th!!

I'm so lucky!  :whee:

I recently had to contact them about something similar. I patiently waited 30+ days before contacting them.  I asked to have the transaction voided but, of course, they would have none of that. Not a good reflection on them. 

2 hours ago, JLA Brad said:

What a joyous occasion!  A book I won and paid for on September 18th from ComicConnect has just been picked up for shipment by Fedex today.

You should have nominated them for the Probation thread !!! 

2 hours ago, JLA Brad said:

5a0637bbd8b97_NicolasCageAbsurd.gif.a575a195e38332957dbab11c7de1d9fe.gif

I bought from them for the first time around September.... the wait to get my books was excruciating (although not quite so long). I will say that, to their credit, they don't charge you until the books are ready to ship. Do they have all the items listed on their site in-house or are consigned books held by the consignee? I feel like it was just mentioned recently that they don't necessarily have all books in their possession so maybe the consignee has to send them in before they can send them out? Just a guess. The delay is definitely enough to keep me from ordering something I'm going to actually be excited about getting.. then worried... then sad... then despondent... then suicidal. 

5 hours ago, Gatchaman said:

Tell them you will pay for it on the day they ship it.

15621648_1821387397908622_129621643849075746_n.jpg

That reminds me so much of childhood - where everything was mail order...., from catalogs and stuff.  No internet.

On the plus side, by the time you get your box, you won't remember what's in it, so it's like getting a surprise present.

Honestly, since I know what to expect from those guys, I don't worry about it so much. At least they are consistent.

But, yeah, if they shipped faster, I might use them more often... :baiting:

4 minutes ago, adampasz said:

On the plus side, by the time you get your box, you won't remember what's in it, so it's like getting a surprise present.

Honestly, since I know what to expect from those guys, I don't worry about it so much. At least they are consistent.

That's a great idea!  But like when I was 7 and tore the corner of the present to try and determine what it was (tsk), I couldn't resist logging on to the website to see what they were shipping me.

When will I grow up? 

9 minutes ago, JLA Brad said:
16 minutes ago, adampasz said:

That's a great idea!  But like when I was 7 and tore the corner of the present to try and determine what it was (tsk), I couldn't resist logging on to the website to see what they were shipping me.

When will I grow up? 

Your goal should be:

NEVER.

Reminds me of something that is currently going on.

I bought something from Steiner sports.  I receive the notification that it shipped from their warehouse.  About two weeks go by and I receive a call from one of their reps hoping that I am enjoying my recent acquisition and that if I ever need anything else then I should contact him directly.

I contacted the rep to let him know that my item has not arrived and if you look at the tracking it has not left the warehouse.  

They are looking into it.  Life happens.  It is honestly no big deal.  At worst I will get my money back.  At best it shows up eventually.  

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

That reminds me so much of childhood - where everything was mail order...., from catalogs and stuff.  No internet.

Me too.  Gander Mountain, P&S Sales, Cabella's and many others. 

I remember when DC sold their Famous First Editions in their comics, and the wait time given was 4 to 6 weeks. And they meant it. It seemed like it took forever for those books to be delivered. On the other hand, Warren's Captain Company would ship stuff so fast that I had it within 2 weeks of ordering.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:48 PM, JLA Brad said:

That sounds about as slow as Metropolis....wait, never mind.