• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It has shipped!....SHIPPED!!!

32 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Treco said:

The best of times when these hit the mailbox!

IMG_4686.JPG

Man, those were the days....Anyone else remember the Montgomery Ward catalogs ? - They offered the Mego alter-ego exclusives. They included Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker and Clark Kent......

On 11/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, lizards2 said:

That reminds me so much of childhood - where everything was mail order...., from catalogs and stuff.  No internet.

For sure. I remember mailing away for Hooded Cobra Commander (and Sgt. Slaughter, and the Fridge, etc.) and every time it was a "6 to 8 weeks" wait. My God. It was an eternity!

On 11/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, lizards2 said:

That reminds me so much of childhood - where everything was mail order...., from catalogs and stuff.  No internet.

Your post made me think of those Topps Baseball and Football sticker albums in the 80's.  I think the packs came with 6 stickers and were 20 or 25 cents each and made in Italy. You could order alla carte the specific stickers you were missing to complete the album. Remember like yesterday writing out my grocery list and double checking before mailing it out. It was over the top excitement when that envelope came back with the stickers :preach:

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, Treco said:

IMG_4686.JPG

What I remember about these is lusting after all the army sets! :banana:   I think I got my last version of Battleground around 1973-1975ish.

On 12/11/2017 at 9:34 AM, Treco said:

IMG_4686.JPG

I don't know...I'd be mad if that showed up in my mailbox - the postal service just trashed it...no better than a 4.0 :bigsmile:

6 hours ago, JLA Brad said:
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, Treco said:

IMG_4686.JPG

I don't know...I'd be mad if that showed up in my mailbox - the postal service just trashed it...no better than a 4.0 :bigsmile:

You need a femailman with a light touch.

Well...the package finally arrived today.

As it turns out, it wasn't the comic book...it was the auction catalogue.

Comic book still not sent  :sorry:

I believe an inquiry will be in order...

In the meantime, I think I'll thumb through this catalogue to look for other books I can win and not get.

14 hours ago, JLA Brad said:

Well...the package finally arrived today.

As it turns out, it wasn't the comic book...it was the auction catalogue.

Comic book still not sent  :sorry:

I believe an inquiry will be in order...

In the meantime, I think I'll thumb through this catalogue to look for other books I can win and not get.

That’s hilarious.

2 hours ago, wombat said:

I've been told some of those old catalogues contained pictures of women's undergarments. 

:insane: 1970s soft prawn