• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney streaming service impact on Marvel content
1 1

124 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

.... can anyone give me cliff notes on if the punisher will return? Jon Bernthal?

No word on the Netflix shows yet.  My guess is they will announce something next year but we won't get anything before 2021.

Edited by fantastic_four

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That makes sense because I'm sure they saw some degree of subscription drop just within the last week now that The Mandalorian is over.

That's what I am thinking, too. I've read quite a few posts of people indicating after Mandalorian they cancelled their subscription while waiting on the MCU content. Because those are the only real new content pieces for now.

Other than Jeff Goldblum. Who as much as I appreciate his comedy, is quite annoying in large spurts when he digs into some topics.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, Bosco685 said:

That's what I am thinking, too. I've read quite a few posts of people indicating after Mandalorian they cancelled their subscription while waiting on the MCU content. Because those are the only real new content pieces for now.

Other than Jeff Goldblum. Who as much as I appreciate his comedy, is quite annoying in large spurts when he digs into some topics.

It's cheaper to just get the annual subscription deal. Monthly droppers are probably going to want it again once Rise of Skywalker the home version is available only on Disney+ and Black Widow streams this summer. Then Falcon Winter Soldier arrives shortly after that. Might as well keep it, or as I said, go for the cheaper annual subscription. Because who doesn't want every MCU and Star Wars movie in 4K available 24/7? There's so much stuff on Disney+. Once the MCU shows start cranking out and make Marty Scorsese complain that Marvel shows aren't real streaming cinema, Disney+ will be undroppable.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, Antpark said:

Huh. You'd think this would be an opportune time to launch a streaming service with everyone being told to stay home.

I was surprised at that as well. You would thing this would go over big at this point.

The Kevin Feige-led Marvel Studios is making its slate of Disney+ television series, starting with the release of WandaVision in early 2021, its "priority" as the Disney-owned studio ramps up production on Phase 4 of the feature film side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Under producer Feige, the subscription streaming service is developing multiple big-budget and MCU-set series that will interconnect with the films — including Avengers: Endgame follow-ups The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, and Hawkeye — and series with crossover potential introducing new heroes to the MCU, including Ms. Marvel, the Oscar Isaac-starring Moon Knight, and Tatiana Maslany's She-Hulk.

"The series are the priority," an insider told The Hollywood Reporter. "Ramping them up takes a lot of focus. The movie machinery is well established."

That confirmation comes after The Walt Disney Company in October announced a strategic reorganization of its media and entertainment businesses in which it would make streaming its "primary focus," accelerating its direct-to-consumer strategy led by Disney+. The streaming service, home to the inaugural D+ series Star Wars: The Mandalorian, has passed 73 million subscribers since launching in November 2019.

Disney+ "gives us this opportunity to tell even deeper stories on characters that you already know and love," the Marvel Studios president and producer said during a presentation at Brazil's CCXP in December 2019, "like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, like WandaVision, like Loki, in a new type of cinematic way that we haven't done before."

On 4/21/2020 at 8:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

You know there is a gap in content when Disney+ has to make a campaign about posting an older film (though a fantastic production).

I know. Plus who doesn’t own this movie by now? Disney better find the rare directors cut where the Dread Pirate Roberts kills Westley.