• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Warren title
2 2

17 posts in this topic

I’m curious to see what you all think. It seems most of us collect multiple Warren magazine titles, but which title is your favorite?  My list in order of favorite to least favorite ( though I love them all):

Vampirella

Creepy

Famous Monsters

Eerie

Please add any other Warren titles to the list that are your favorites (1984/94, Rook, Warren Present, etc.)  

I am loving just about every Warren horror title, the magazine  format is awesome.

I really am quite amazed that horror collectors will pay vast sums of money for a Walking Dead comic, yet these hidden gems are but a fraction of the cost.

My fave in order

Creepy

Vampirella

Eerie

Blazing Combat

Monster Mania

At the risk of seeming contrarian... the only two Warren books I really collect are Help! and The Spirit, so those would be my favorites.

I actually put together The Spirit run back in the early 90's, but other than the few stories in the Smithsonian book of Comic-Book Comics, they were my introduction to Eisner, so I still love them.  (It took me to the early 00's to finish the Kitchen Sink part of the run, but that's just a side point.)

And I've been working on Help! for a year or so, down to 5 issues to go.

1. Creepy (by a very small margin)

2. Eerie

3. Vampirella

4. The Rook

5. Blazing Combat

6. Famous Monsters

7. Comix International

All the rest as lumped into the #8 slot.  This would include 1984/1994, Pantha, etc..

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

1. Creepy (by a very small margin)

2. Eerie

3. Vampirella

4. The Rook

5. Blazing Combat

6. Famous Monsters

7. Comix International

All the rest as lumped into the #8 slot.  This would include 1984/1994, Pantha, etc..

I'm happy to see many enjoying the satirical magazine Blazing Combat. 

It kind of pokes fun at the ridiculousness of  war.

10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I'm happy to see many enjoying the satirical magazine Blazing Combat. 

It kind of pokes fun at the ridiculousness of  war.

You mean there is writing inside those glorious Frazetta covers? hm

16 hours ago, Brando- said:

I'm probably still too new to this genre but so far it's...

1) Vampirella 

2) Eerie

3) Creepy

Naw, those are great choices.

I've only been searching for Warren books for only 3 or 4 years now. So I'm still a noob at this too really. 

20 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Naw, those are great choices.

I've only been searching for Warren books for only 3 or 4 years now. So I'm still a noob at this too really. 

I still have yet to get a magazine slabbed, out of all of my collection: CGC, raw, graphic novels, my handful of F/VF to VF/NM mags are some of the coolest. Happy Thanksgiving by the way! :hi:

Edited by Brando-
"Thanksgiving" is ONE word! LOL

21 minutes ago, Brando- said:

I still have yet to get a magazine slabbed, out of all of my collection: CGC, raw, graphic novels, my handful of F/VF to VF/NM mags are some of the coolest. Happy Thanks Giving by the way! :hi:

You too.