• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Stamps???
5 5

94 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, shadroch said:

Is anyone paying premiums for these books?

I wouldn't say premium but I think they are super cool. I will post my ASM 100 I bought last year of a boardie for what I felt was a solid price. Star stamp, National Diamond insert (Mark Jewellers got nothing on NDIs!) and was a solid 7.0-7.5 range copy for around $250. Looking at current prices on regular ASM 100s and Id say this is around par/a decent deal plus the added bonus included. 

On 5/12/2022 at 11:06 PM, shadroch said:

Did every copy distributed thru the PXs have a MJ/National insert?   If not, there are a lot of books with the star stamp but no insert.

Sorry for such a late reply.  I don't know about the older stuff, but I was in the Army from 1989 to 1991, and not all of the comics I bought at AAFES had Mark Jewelers inserts.  The majority of them did, but titles would skip months from time to time.  I'm currently working on new bags and boards for my whole collection, so I've been checking all of them when I get to comics from that period (and feeling really old... :preach:).

On 11/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't know for sure, but these star stamps often appeared on books with Mark Jewelers inserts in them so it may be connected to military bases where those books were sold?

Bingo -------ding ding Military Base PX.

I saw these three whilst rooting around in Mega City Comics yesterday - two Charltons and a Dell:

1597253015_StarStamps.thumb.jpg.e6d745b1167340f07afc9e5bc8011ee7.jpg

No inserts.