• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good old Stan Lee

16 posts in this topic

Okay here is my signature story I had a friend of mine take my Amazing Spider-Man #300 that I had signed by Todd McFarlane a few years earlier to Comikaze Expo in 2015 to get Stan to sign it for me.  So when my friend laid it down to get it signed Stan did not see that Todd had signed it so he started to sign over Todd's "T" in his name.  Stan's handlers did not catch him until he signed his "S" over the "T" until it was too late.  They had Stan stop signing over Todd's name and then Stan signed on the lower left of the book.     

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

8 minutes ago, JR Web-Head said:

Okay here is my signature story I had a friend of mine take my Amazing Spider-Man #300 that I had signed by Todd McFarlane a few years earlier to Comikaze Expo in 2015 to get Stan to sign it for me.  So when my friend laid it down to get it signed Stan did not see that Todd had signed it so he started to sign over Todd's "T" in his name.  Stan's handlers did not catch him until he signed his "S" over the "T" until it was too late.  They had Stan stop signing over Todd's name and then Stan signed on the lower left of the book.     

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

Happens all the time windowbox your Comic where you want the creator to sign. I try to do it for every item I send out a comic or a record for a facilitator or even for myself when I am getting them signed myself.

Like the item I got signed below Olivia canceled her meet and greet, but I had front row seats to her concert at the end of the show when she was saying hi to everybody she said she would sign it for me. I had it Window Box the area walked over to where she told me to her guy took it to her around the corner she signed it quick the guy walked it back to me. The guy immediately knew where I wanted her to sign it because of the box there. The record is still sealed.

878F11DC-EDEB-4337-8A76-9A04D97C61C2.jpeg

34 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Ouch that hurts

Good old Stan is out here in Australia at the moment making a absolute fortune signing without saying a word to anyone 

Yeah it did hurt but what’s done is done.  I just look back at it and say I have a great story to go with the book. :bigsmile:

33 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Happens all the time windowbox your Comic where you want the creator to sign. I try to do it for every item I send out a comic or a record for a facilitator or even for myself when I am getting them signed myself.

Like the item I got signed below Olivia canceled her meet and greet, but I had front row seats to her concert at the end of the show when she was saying hi to everybody she said she would sign it for me. I had it Window Box the area walked over to where she told me to her guy took it to her around the corner she signed it quick the guy walked it back to me. The guy immediately knew where I wanted her to sign it because of the box there. The record is still sealed.

878F11DC-EDEB-4337-8A76-9A04D97C61C2.jpeg

I though the man could see and read at the time.  It wasn’t until last year that he came out and said that he couldn’t read anymore.  It was my fault all the way I thought about putting a window on it but I didn’t.  Oh well it makes for a great story for sure at least I have his signature.

You really have a great signature there.

Gotta window box a bag for Stan. It keeps him from signing where you dont want him to sign and it keeps him focused so his signature isn't sloppy. He concentrates a little more. Ive learned my lesson. Luckily I haven't had anything really expensive ruined, but I have some sloppy Stan signatures. 

I have a different issue. I got a #300 signed by Stan & Michilene through a facilitator at a con. When I got the slab back I waited for a McFarlane signing and sent this same comic back in. By the time it came back to me, it had Stan’s sig, David’s sig, Todd’s sig. - and a SECOND Stan sig, where the book got passed from Todd to Stan, assembly line-style! I’m not complaining; I didn’t have to pay for it, he didn’t write over any other names, and I probably own the only ASM #300 CGC 9.4 double-signed by Lee. 

I’ve honestly considered going ahead and getting David & Todd to sign it again, too!

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:14 AM, Oddjob22667 said:

I have a different issue. I got a #300 signed by Stan & Michilene through a facilitator at a con. When I got the slab back I waited for a McFarlane signing and sent this same comic back in. By the time it came back to me, it had Stan’s sig, David’s sig, Todd’s sig. - and a SECOND Stan sig, where the book got passed from Todd to Stan, assembly line-style! I’m not complaining; I didn’t have to pay for it, he didn’t write over any other names, and I probably own the only ASM #300 CGC 9.4 double-signed by Lee. 

I’ve honestly considered going ahead and getting David & Todd to sign it again, too!

Sadly, this is more common than you may realize.  I've seen literally dozens of books that have 2 Stan Lee signatures on them.  At least 1 was a Spidey 300, though I don't know the grade.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:47 AM, JR Web-Head said:

Yeah, that is the third no I am most upset about.  I have been thinking about taking it off but I don’t know if a safe way of doing that.

dont they don;'t come off, once peeled it leaves a trail of broken pieces of silver on the comic saying "valid"

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

Sadly, this is more common than you may realize.  I've seen literally dozens of books that have 2 Stan Lee signatures on them.  At least 1 was a Spidey 300, though I don't know the grade.

Then I will have to go for a triple sig. I refuse to be bested!

16 hours ago, TheCollector2016 said:

@reddwarf666222 When you say "still sealed" ... you had Olivia sign the plastic wrap on the outside of the vinyl??

Good Question. No I used Painter's tape to create a rectangular box on the record where I wanted her to sign, then removed the plastic wrap from the area I had sanctioned off for her signature. Then she signed the open area of the record cover where no plastic wrap was. Afterwards I removed  the Painter's tape and the record is still sealed.