• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney Original Art

50 posts in this topic

IMG_8039.JPG

Not sure if this counts, a bit of a crossover piece. This is the original painting done for the poster included with The Hobbit record. The dwarves, in particular, are very Disney-fied. Its a large piece, on artist board, now framed.  In retrospect the framing was a waste since I can't bring myself to actually expose the piece to sunlight. The actual poster is below.

HOBBIT3.jpg

Edited by cstojano

On 12/30/2017 at 9:15 AM, cstojano said:

IMG_8039.JPG

Not sure if this counts, a bit of a crossover piece. This is the original painting done for the poster included with The Hobbit record. The dwarves, in particular, are very Disney-fied. Its a large piece, on artist board, now framed.  In retrospect the framing was a waste since I can't bring myself to actually expose the piece to sunlight. The actual poster is below.

lovely!

Edited by Bronty

Mickey's Rival Mickey Mouse Production Drawing Animation Art (Walt Disney, 1936)

Mickey makes like a bullfighter with his picnic blanket (which was colored red in the cartoon), in this scene from Mickey's Rival. Graphite with yellow, red, and blue highlights on Management Bond 5-peghole paper, marked 35 in the bottom right corner, and Sc 50 M40 along the bottom edge. Color call-outs in graphite. Image area is approximately 7" x 5". Minor handling wear; Fine condition. (From the Heritage listing)

dcRlaQCm_2702161813331.jpg

On 12/30/2017 at 10:15 AM, cstojano said:

IMG_8039.JPG

HOBBIT3.jpg

Now that is an amazing piece :applause: