• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

‘Morbius’: Marvel’s Living Vampire Movie in the Works as a ‘Spider-Man’ Spin-off

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/spider-man-101-morbius.jpg

The good news is that Sony is moving ahead with their plans for an extended cinematic universe that spins out from their Spider-Man franchise, and they’re doing so with Marvel’s most famous vampire character: Morbius. So whether you know the Living Vampire from his battles with Spider-Man in the comics, his appearance in the 90s animated series, or his anti-heroic adventures alongside the members of the Order of the Midnight Sons, or even if you don’t know Morbius at all, this should come as exciting news.

But here’s the bad news. As THR reports, the Spider-Man spin-off is indeed in the works, but its first ----script hails from writers Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama. And while I’m sure these gents are just fine, their current filmography will have to be our guide as to just how good or bad Morbius might end up being. So if you liked Dracula Untold, The Last Witch Hunter, Gods of Egypt, and/or the recent Power Rangers reboot, then chances are you’re already onboard for Morbius. The writers’ take and Sony’s notes on the character are not known just yet, so whether Morbius ends up with vampire fangs or weird blood-sucking hands instead remains to be seen.

13 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Oh man, this could be so great if they don't screw it up!

I would love for this to open the door for Werewolf by Night, a BETTER Man-Thing or a possible Legion of Monsters movie! :wishluck:

BETTER Man-Thing....snicker ?

I remember I heard rumors that Morbius is going to be in Blade 2 I was like yeah. Not for Morbius but that Blade will fight against another well know character. I hope this movie will be never made. 
Give us Netflix Blade series and the villain will Morbius that would be cool.