• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Let’s hope. He’s a great anti-hero and more complex character. 

I never pictured him landing a stand-alone movie. I figured it would be teamed up with Ghost Rider or Blade.

But by doing this as a dedicated film, I can see them going dark and R-rated.

Same here. Thought he would pop up as a  vilain in Spider-Man Homecoming.

Maybe the next one with a 6 arm spidey like what happened in spidey 100 then 101 when morbius appeared.

Also if Blade is made its great if he gets to go toe to toe with him.

A solo movie is as you said perfect for Morbius so sony can go Dark as you said. I would get a strong actor and director that can deal with this type of material.  

2 hours ago, zen514 said:

Same here. Thought he would pop up as a  vilain in Spider-Man Homecoming.

Maybe the next one with a 6 arm spidey like what happened in spidey 100 then 101 when morbius appeared.

Also if Blade is made its great if he gets to go toe to toe with him.

A solo movie is as you said perfect for Morbius so sony can go Dark as you said. I would get a strong actor and director that can deal with this type of material.  

:wishluck:

Sony doesn't get it;they couldn't even get Spider-Man right for the last 3 movies before running to Marvel for help.  Do enough people care about a Sony version of: Morbius, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Silk, Venom without attachment to Spider-Man to spend $ at the theater? If Venom is the dud it looks to be from the trailers, none of these will see the light of day.

Edited by paperheart

What better way to continue the Sony/Marvel collaboration than to throw Blade into the mix. Could help reboot that franchise for Marvel at the same time (or continue it with Snipes). These Spin-Off's will all be lacking without Spidey though.

On 6/27/2018 at 3:51 PM, paperheart said:

Sony doesn't get it;they couldn't even get Spider-Man right for the last 3 movies before running to Marvel for help.  Do enough people care about a Sony version of: Morbius, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Silk, Venom without attachment to Spider-Man to spend $ at the theater? If Venom is the dud it looks to be from the trailers, none of these will see the light of day.

Wait, so Marvel got the last Spider-Man movie right? The same one where Spider-Man has his own AI he called 'Karen"? The same movie where his chest symbol was a Spider Drone?

8 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Wait, so Marvel got the last Spider-Man movie right? The same one where Spider-Man has his own AI he called 'Karen"? The same movie where his chest symbol was a Spider Drone?

Yeah - but even with that it was _easily_ the best Spidey movie since Spider-Man 2. (As in, leagues better than Spider-Man 3, Amazing, or Amazing 2.)

They could do something real nice without Spidey. Darker like the true First super hero movie: Blade.

I can see Morbius with a strong actor like Leto working as a stand alone movie.

6 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah - but even with that it was _easily_ the best Spidey movie since Spider-Man 2. (As in, leagues better than Spider-Man 3, Amazing, or Amazing 2.)

That’s like saying cow stuff tastes better than dog stuff.

They should also use Hannibal King in it.  An equally tragic and conflicted character.