• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Logan510 said:

Wait, so Marvel got the last Spider-Man movie right? The same one where Spider-Man has his own AI he called 'Karen"? The same movie where his chest symbol was a Spider Drone?

Thank you. I thought it was just me. lol 

Still better than the third Spider-Man, though. hm 

Where's Jameson? Maybe he'll get his own spin-off. Seriously, he's really the most important supporting character from the comics, and he hasn't been used in a movie since Spider-Man 3 11 years ago.

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Where's Jameson? Maybe he'll get his own spin-off. Seriously, he's really the most important supporting character from the comics, and he hasn't been used in a movie since Spider-Man 3 11 years ago.

Oscar-winning J.K. Simmons would get a solo movie green lit in a minute.

Pretty sad to admit, but I would watch it, as I am a fan. lol 

#wearefarmers

The problem is that they can't find anyone better suited for the role than Simmons & he's playing commissioner Gordon right now. Maybe if AT&T decides to reboot the DCEU we might see him back as Jameson.(shrug) I'm a fan of Simmons work also. Just started Counterpart the other day. Haven't really gotten into it that much but it's really funny seeing him portray 2 opposing roles like that.

Of course they could make Jameson the string that ties the Sony/Marvel movies together through his newspaper if they're not ready to bring Spidey into the fold just yet.2c

Since Venom killed it at the box office, now this is starting to pick up steam again.

Is Morbius the next movie after Venom for Sony?

https://whateveraspidercan.com/2018/10/03/morbius-next-movie-after-venom/

Morbius already has his main lead, Jared Leto. And it appears that movie is in the latest stages of pre-production. It remains to be seen if Venom‘s commercial success can get the project going or if Sony is going to scrap all of their plans again.

Image result for morbius jared leto

Based on the box office results for Venom, this makes sense. Strike as fast as possible with the sequel and hope that Morbius or the Black Cat/Silver Sable movie as the second option performs decently at the box office as well.

FWIW, Venom has topped DP2 worldwide in 2018, and should move ahead of MI:Fallout in short order.

2 hours ago, kimik said:

Based on the box office results for Venom, this makes sense. Strike as fast as possible with the sequel and hope that Morbius or the Black Cat/Silver Sable movie as the second option performs decently at the box office as well.

FWIW, Venom has topped DP2 worldwide in 2018, and should move ahead of MI:Fallout in short order.

w/  another $21MM this week through Friday in China, this has already happened