• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Nov auction
4 4

187 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The 62 is currently at 35K and the 71 at 25K

I saw that the 62 was out in front, but I would've thought the 71 would be the more expensive of the two. I realize it's still early in the bidding and these are two exceptional examples, but, all things being equal (which they pretty much are with these two copies), would the 62 normally go for more than 71?

21 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I saw that the 62 was out in front, but I would've thought the 71 would be the more expensive of the two. I realize it's still early in the bidding and these are two exceptional examples, but, all things being equal (which they pretty much are with these two copies), would the 62 normally go for more than 71?

No, the 71 is almost certainly going higher IMHO.

40 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

I can't recall did Bedrock or Billy P own the Twilight MC#1? I'm thinking Mr. B? The book is just stunning for the grade. 

It belongs to Richard. As per his account, it was consigned due to the Texas hurricane tragedy. :frown:

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I saw that too !  Seems high this soon out of the gate ?  (maybe not anymore)

$31k for cap 1 definitely seems pretty high out the gate but I think the 2.5 copy sitting on clink with the high bid at $77k could likely restrict how high this 1.5 will go

5 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

I can't recall did Bedrock or Billy P own the Twilight MC#1? I'm thinking Mr. B? The book is just stunning for the grade. 

Billy owned it then bedrock

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I am going to guess more than I can afford. I will poop my pants if less than $80k and expect significantly higher. 

It's a beaut   Im surprised it didn't get front and center on the catalogue or website.  That old Reign of Superman mag is pretty cool too from a historical perspective. 

54 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:
16 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

It belongs to Richard. As per his account, it was consigned due to the Texas hurricane tragedy. :frown:

Wow that just sucks.

Naw, it's cool. Stuff happens.