• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Nov auction
4 4

187 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I am going to guess more than I can afford. I will poop my pants if less than $80k and expect significantly higher. 

A 3.0, non-pedigree copy sold in November 2016 for $77,675. I think it's safe to assume that copy would be an 80-90K+ book today.

This 6.0 Twilight copy is already up to $83,000 with over 22 days left at auction.

If a 1.0 Superman #1 is a 110K book, you'd have to think a pedigree 6.0 Marvel #1 would have to be 200-300K book. In my opinion, it's at least 2-3X as desirable as the non-pedigree 3.0 copy that sold last year.

In nearly two decades of grading comic books, CGC has slabbed a whopping 27 blue label Marvel #1's.

If this isn't the top book in the auction, it's 2nd place after the conserved 8.0 Action #1.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

20 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

A 3.0, non-pedigree copy sold in November 2016 for $77,675. I think it's safe to assume that copy would be an 80-90K+ book today.

This 6.0 Twilight copy is already up to $83,000 with over 22 days left at auction.

If a 1.0 Superman #1 is a 110K book, you'd have to think a pedigree 6.0 Marvel #1 would have to be 200-300K book. In my opinion, it's at least 2-3X as desirable as the non-pedigree 3.0 copy that sold last year.

In nearly two decades of grading comic books, CGC has slabbed a whopping 27 blue label Marvel #1's.

If this isn't the top book in the auction, it's 2nd place after the conserved 8.0 Action #1.

That's very good news for me cuz I was not looking forward to having to poop my pants !

On 11/14/2017 at 2:01 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 11/14/2017 at 1:44 PM, Johnny545 said:

No, the 71 is almost certainly going higher IMHO.

Yes, better cover.

+1

I've always loved the cover for 'Tec 71 with the big Joker image and always wanted to find a really nice one at a reasonable price for my personal collection back in the day. 

Never did managed to find one that I was happy with and if they were anywhere close to being in the VF/NM condition range or thereabouts, they were always past my then threshold level of paying more than $1K for a book. 

Oh, the mistakes we make when we  first start out in the collecting world.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I made him a lowball offer but since I was Dodger fan, he told me where to stick it...:insane:

Good luck with the auction Ritchie!

A slider on the outside corner and he swung and missed.  :gossip: Should have tried a fastball right down the middle.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:47 AM, lou_fine said:
On 11/14/2017 at 11:01 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 11/14/2017 at 10:44 PM, Johnny545 said:

No, the 71 is almost certainly going higher IMHO.

Yes, better cover.

+1

I've always loved the cover for 'Tec 71 with the big Joker image and always wanted to find a really nice one at a reasonable price for my personal collection back in the day. 

The 62 is destroying the 71. Currently at 61.5 vs 33.5

Funny thing is a 62 9.4 was listed forever on Heritage with a BIN of 38K.

Edited by Gotham Kid