• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New art day. Just when you think you are out...

6 posts in this topic

So...I tell myself I am out. I tell myself I am not going to buy anymore comic art. I tell myself that I am just going to enjoy the last few handful of pages I have left hanging on my walls...then, someone offered me this...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1435604

Gotham Central #2 cover by Michael Lark.  It features Renee Montoya, Crispus Allen and Marcus Driver with the shadows of Batman and Mr. Freeze squaring off. This cover to me says everything about the amazing run that was Gotham Central. The Police men and women of Gotham front and center heading into danger with the Batman and his rogues in the shadows. So very happy to add this great cover to my collection. It will be framed and be proudly displayed on my wall for a very long time.

A bit of back story... I recently sold 90% of my collection (all but 5 pages) and decided to move on. After doing that I was only really upset about selling one page, a Gotham Central Cover to #3. As soon as the buyer told me it arrived safe and sound I asked them to let me know if they ever wanted to sell it. Well as luck would have it, I was offered the chance to buy this cover to #2. Though I will miss the #3 I couldn't be happier as, along with the cover to #25, the cover to #2 has always been my favorite. I am not back in the game and can't see myself buying any more art for a very long time but a piece like this I just couldn't turn down. Thanks for looking!

mathew

12 minutes ago, artistlost said:

So...I tell myself I am out. I tell myself I am not going to buy anymore comic art. I tell myself that I am just going to enjoy the last few handful of pages I have left hanging on my walls...then, someone offered me this...

Gotham Central #2 cover by Michael Lark.  It features Renee Montoya, Crispus Allen and Marcus Driver with the shadows of Batman and Mr. Freeze squaring off. This cover to me says everything about the amazing run that was Gotham Central. The Police men and women of Gotham front and center heading into danger with the Batman and his rogues in the shadows. So very happy to add this great cover to my collection. It will be framed and be proudly displayed on my wall for a very long time.

A bit of back story... I recently sold 90% of my collection (all but 5 pages) and decided to move on. After doing that I was only really upset about selling one page, a Gotham Central Cover to #3. As soon as the buyer told me it arrived safe and sound I asked them to let me know if they ever wanted to sell it. Well as luck would have it, I was offered the chance to buy this cover to #2. Though I will miss the #3 I couldn't be happier as, along with the cover to #25, the cover to #2 has always been my favorite. I am not back in the game and can't see myself buying any more art for a very long time but a piece like this I just couldn't turn down. Thanks for looking!

mathew

Sounds to men like you're out, but you're not out, out.

That is, you've gotten rid of all the excess and now have a small collection of the best pages on your wall. 

25 minutes ago, artistlost said:

mathew

Mathew, congrats on a beautiful cover! 

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-

45 minutes ago, Skizz said:

Sounds to men like you're out, but you're not out, out.

That is, you've gotten rid of all the excess and now have a small collection of the best pages on your wall. 

That might be a good way to put it :)

If the art wasn't making you happy - it was a good move to get out. Clearly this piece did; so congrats!

While I expect to one day sell 90% or more as you did - I am still not ready.  Trying however, to get rid of stuff to help pay for new aquisitions and keep the collection under control.