• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay issue and I am seeking some advice
1 1

69 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

to those who say signature verification helps it doesn't as I have had shipments be "delivered" and be signed for that did not get delivered to the buyer.

This instance the package goes from Canada (me) to Brazil.

It still helps regardless. It doesn't ensure that the person gets the package, but if someone signed for it then you're off the hook. 

1 minute ago, newshane said:

It still helps regardless. It doesn't ensure that the person gets the package, but if someone signed for it then you're off the hook. 

It isn't any different than tracking showing the package as "delivered" to Canadapost. Neither signature required nor tracking is helping here.

Thanks to all for the replies.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

It isn't any different than tracking showing the package as "delivered" to Canadapost. Neither signature required nor tracking is helping here.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Oh Canada. :)

14 minutes ago, newshane said:
45 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

to those who say signature verification helps it doesn't as I have had shipments be "delivered" and be signed for that did not get delivered to the buyer.

One thing that I've noticed is that items aren't necessarily scanned into the whole system, unless you go to the P.O. and watch and make sure they physically do it.  Drop boxes, home pick-up, etc., they don't always scan the items into the system.

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

So instead of paying money to provide peace of mind that you will get your books, and can make easy cases against the PO if you don't, you'd rather pay out for the books you don't receive. Makes sense.

If my book disappears, and the USPS tag says "Daley" signed for it, while all my books are delivered to my office where no one named "Daley" works, then I'm for sure getting my money back, and someone is probably losing their job at a minimum on top of that.  You can take that to the bank, no PO Box required.

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

If my book disappears, and the USPS tag says "Daley" signed for it, while all my books are delivered to my office where no one named "Daley" works, then I'm for sure getting my money back, and someone is probably losing their job at a minimum on top of that.  You can take that to the bank, no PO Box required.

Hey!  "Daley" is the same name I use to sign for everything at the office!  :banana: 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
32 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Hey!  "Daley" is the same name I use to sign for everything at the office!  :banana: 

I use A B Normal.

6911ef79bf14c59a142f3fe3a3786181.jpg

per paypal:

Signature Confirmation, if the full amount of the payment (including shipping and taxes) is $750 USD or more. This is documentation that can be viewed at the shipping company’s website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery

Assuming the buyer is telling the truth as a seller I would feel bad about this but not issue a refund.  Buyers need to understand that there is a cost to doing business mail order.  This is a dispute between the buyer and shipping service.

7 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

And this is why I am now enrolled in Global Shipping Program.  If I send it to Kentucky for eBay to send it overseas... once eBay has possession of it, it is on them.   From what I recall, Brazil has always been sketchy. 

12 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Greetings.

I recently sold a comic on Ebay and I sent it in good faith. I did my part.

The tracking shows it has been delivered, and now the buyer is claiming that he never got it.

Has anyone ever dealt with this through Ebay disputes? I don't feel I should have to refund the buyer since I can prove the item was "successfully delivered" yet at the same time I can certainly understand how I would feel if the situation was reversed. The total is over $700.00.

Insurance does not apply to an item that was successfully delivered.

I am just wondering what to expect from Ebay. Anyone have experience? I dislike that the buyer is potentially out $700.00, OR that my side is going to have to refund the money and then be out the item. Especially since I was selling it for my unemployed friend. :frown:

Don't know about that but I do know this - sending $700 through the mail without signature-receipt required is an expensive mistake.

Just saw it was to Canada to Brazil. Ouch.

Edited by jcjames

I had a package sent to me, and it showed delivered.  It never was.  I live 100 feet off the road, on a main road.  It was not taken.  It never made it to my porch. The post office said the would look into it and get back to me.  They never did.  My point is that packages get lost, or even stolen by whoever.  As long as the post office can make a case that it was delivered, how can you fight them?  Unless you have cameras showing the time and date.  I only lost 70 dollars worth of comics, so I can eat that.  But it let me know that priority insurance is kinda bullcarp. 

1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

I had a package sent to me, and it showed delivered.  It never was.  I live 100 feet off the road, on a main road.  It was not taken.  It never made it to my porch. The post office said the would look into it and get back to me.  They never did.  My point is that packages get lost, or even stolen by whoever.  As long as the post office can make a case that it was delivered, how can you fight them?  Unless you have cameras showing the time and date.  I only lost 70 dollars worth of comics, so I can eat that.  But it let me know that priority insurance is kinda bullcarp. 

in Canada, even with it showing as delivered, it is surprisingly easy to get refunded for the insured amount.