• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who here remembers the Stretch Monster?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I remember asking for one for Christmas and getting a Stretch Armstrong instead :(

#FirstWorldProblems

Did you pitch a fit?

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Did you pitch a fit?

No, I'm pretty sure my brother had ruined Santa for me at that point and I have a faint recollection of my mother explaining that Stretch Monster was sold out everywhere she looked.

My mom was old school, I learned early on that if I pitched a fit, she would give me a real reason to cry lol

Just now, Logan510 said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Did you pitch a fit?

No, I'm pretty sure my brother had ruined Santa for me at that point and I have a faint recollection of my mother explaining that Stretch Monster was sold out everywhere she looked.

My mom was old school, I learned early on that if I pitched a fit, she would give me a real reason to cry lol

I remember pitching a fit once at Christmas.  Probably my worst spoiled brat moment, and something I'm still embarrassed about today.

I got something like this, but it had a driver in it with a hardhat on.  It was like my parents didn't know me...., :sorry: 

Image result for vintage caterpillar with control

Dude, you haven't aged a bit.

I recently saw just the head from one of those stretch monsters go for 500 bucks on Pawn Stars because the figure is so rare. 

Pretty cool story too. I don't have any old Kenner stuff anymore but a ton of mego figures are still part of my collection.

I had a Stretch Armstrong :) got it for Christmas as well, I remember wondering how to "play" with it lol My brother was young and younger than me, but I remember him getting a bigger kick out of it than me! 

When they used to have Comic Book Men on Netflix, I remember watching an episode that had a Stretch Hulk? I think it was. Maybe it was the stretch monster, I don't know its been forever since I've watched that show. Anyway, the guy bringing it in used to put lube or jelly on it, as it had never been stretched nor played with, to keep it from cracking. This episode aired in like 2013 because they talked about the Sandy hurricane. He wanted something like $10,000 for it and said they went for $13,000 played with but close to mint condition.

Ah, memory lane!

Yep, got one for Christmas one year, and she I opened it up my sister stabbed him with a pencil.☹️, my parents tried to get me another the next day, but the only remaining item was stretch x-ray. He was pretty cool too though. 

C36196FA-D895-43B9-9D0C-012060862D00.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Picture

11 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, Kreton said:

I purchased an attic full of toys recently and stumbled upon this.

Stretch.thumb.jpg.5422a6864de82066cd4f6f18c231bf96.jpg

Poor Stretch.

Looks like a jelly donut that exploded