• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] JLA OO run #74 into low 200s, MASSIVE BUNDLE DEAL ON PAGE 4
3 3

82 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a collection of about 75 Justice League of America books starting with #74. The books average about 7.0, some better and some a bit worse. I'll roll those out over the course of several days.

:takeit: in the public thread or via PM gets the book, timestamp rules. An incomplete negotiation (i.e., where I haven't agreed to your terms) will be negated by an outright take in thread or PM.

Shipping will be extra, to your location either in the US or abroad. US shipping will have a $10 maximum to encourage repeat buying. International shipping will not have a ceiling, it will always be at cost to your location via some trackable method.

I will do my best to provide good scans and descriptions of the books, but if you are not satisfied you may return the book for a refund. Return shipping is on the buyer unless I made some material error in my listing, in which case the return shipping is on me. Same book must be returned in the same grade.

Paypal, checks, and MOs are accepted. Paypal only for international buyers.

Nobody on any naughty list, or who has previously backed out of a deal with me, is welcome to purchase.

I'm not ready to get to the JLAs quite yet, but I do have an interesting placeholder to start the thread. Betty & Veronica #322 VG (3rd Cheryl Blossom and her first meeting with Archie). Book has non color-breaking wrinkling and bending to the front cover, and some bending/creasing to the back cover (doesn't show up that well on the scans but it is there). A press would help reduce this but would not completely eliminate all of it. The upper corner of the spine has a light stain that is most visible from the inside of the cover. It extends down the spine to about the issue number, but affects the cover only and no page involvement. It is an attractive enough copy for the grade. Overstreet has this book at $14 in VG, so that is what I will ask for it the asking price is $10 (plus shipping).

BettyVeronica322.jpg

BettyVeronica322bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Ok, at long last scanning is done (it always takes longer than you think it will). So this thread will have a run of about 75 JLA books between #74-204, most of which are quite nice. I've also got a few Brave and the Bolds in the #136-151 range, with a few Whitman variants, and a couple of other odds and ends that I will toss into this thread.

Keep in mind, there is a $10 maximum shipping charge for US buyers, regardless of how many books you buy. International is always at cost.

If you have any questions, or would like additional/larger scans of anything just let me know. I will be grading as I post, so there will be a few minutes inbetween books.

Justice League #74 VG- -- asking $9 + shipping ($16 VG OSPG)

Black Canary joins the JLA, death of Larry Lance, 1st meeting of GA & SA Superman, Adams cover art.

Everything is attached, but cover is slightly loose at top staple. Minor chipping along right edge of front cover, spine wear, wrinkling to back cover.

JLA74.jpg

JLA74bc.jpg

Justice League #75 F/VF -- asking $65 + shipping ($103 in VF OSPG) ON HOLD

Black Canary joins the JLA, 2nd Green Arrow in new costume.

Very solid copy with light spine wear (a press would help this a bit, if you are into that sort of thing). Two small areas of red ink on top edges of pages, may be distributor or applied later.

JLA75.jpg

JLA75bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
On hold

Justice League #76 VG+ -- asking $8 + shipping (OSPG VG is $12)

Giant G-65. Solid enough book with light wear. Back covers have some stacking soiling to them, could be dry cleaned if you were so inclined. Thin line of green ink to top edges of pages.

JLA76.jpg

JLA76bc.jpg

Justice League #77 Fineish -- asking $8 + shipping (OSPG is $12) SOLD :news:

Solid, well centered copy. Light spine wear. A bit of writing with ink on back cover, and a swipe of brown ink on the top edges of the pages that affects front cover a bit and back cover a bit more.

JLA77.jpg

JLA77bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Justice League #78 F/VF -- asking $19 + shipping (OSPG VF is $28)

Apparently the 1st SA appearance of Vigilante (a ? by this notation in OSPG). Very sharp copy with light spine wear. Does have a small spine split at the top of the spine, which is what is keeping it from a strict VF. That is a printers line by Batman's foot. Two lines of black ink along top edges of pages.

JLA78.jpg

JLA78bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Justice League #79, looks F/VF but VG+ -- asking $7 + shipping SOLD :news:

Nice book, but it has a few tiny chews along spine. Spine is solid, and staples are holding everything firmly. Swipe of black ink along top edges of pages that affects top of covers. Great looking book for the money.

JLA79.jpg

JLA79bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Justice League #81 Fine (maybe F+) -- asking $10 + shipping ($12 in OSPG)

Very solid copy with nice eye appeal. Light wear, 1" crease in upper left corner of back cover and other minor wrinking to back cover. A press will improve the eye appeal of the book. Dot of yellow ink of top of pages.

JLA81.jpg

JLA81bc.jpg

Justice League #82 F+ (looks nicer) -- asking $9 + shipping SOLD :news:

Books looks structurally VFish (with a press it would definitely get there) but it has the blue ink on the top covers. Two swipes of blue ink, either distributor or aftermarket. Great book for the price.

JLA82.jpg

JLA82bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
sold

20 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Justice League #82 F+ (looks nicer) -- asking $9 + shipping

Books looks structurally VFish (with a press it would definitely get there) but it has the blue ink on the top covers. Two swipes of blue ink, either distributor or aftermarket. Great book for the price.

JLA82.jpg

JLA82bc.jpg

:takeit:

9 minutes ago, elibowman said:
29 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Justice League #82 F+ (looks nicer) -- asking $9 + shipping

^^  Thank you for breaking the ice!

Justice League #83 F/VF or VF--  -- asking $20 + shipping ($28 VF OSPG)

Very solid and glossy book. If not for the slight tanning to the back cover I would be extremely tempted to go solid VF on this. Only light spine wear and a bit of a bump to the lower spine, book would press nicely in terms of structural improvement. Small dot of blue ink on top of pages.

JLA83.jpg

JLA83bc.jpg

Justice League #84 VG (looks much nicer) -- asking $5 + shipping SOLD :news:

Structurally a F++ or VF-, but someone stuck the back cover to something and took off a strip of paper about 5" x 1/8" (you can see it across the black type along the spine). Might not be a coincidence that these books are in self seal bags... Terrible shame, but book looks fantastic in the bag. Typical spot of ink on top page edges, pink/red this time.

JLA84.jpg

JLA84bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

And, now for something slightly different to break up the JLA monotony before I take a break:

Secret Society of Super-Villains #3 VG, #4 VG, #5 VG, #8 VF-, #9 F -- asking $10 + shipping for set

Fun lot that is good for readers or maybe slightly better than that. General wear is the theme here.

SSSV03.jpg

SSSV04.jpg

SSSV05.jpg

SSSV08.jpg

SSSV09.jpg

Edited by mysterio

55 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Justice League #84 VG (looks much nicer) -- asking $5 + shipping

Structurally a F++ or VF-, but someone stuck the back cover to something and took off a strip of paper about 5" x 1/8" (you can see it across the black type along the spine). Might not be a coincidence that these books are in self seal bags... Terrible shame, but book looks fantastic in the bag. Typical spot of ink on top page edges, pink/red this time.

JLA84.jpg

JLA84bc.jpg