• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other Passions Besides Comics?
3 3

106 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Brewcrewfan77 said:

I collect Autographed photos, cards, signed balls, old auction catalogs, bobble heads, game used bats.  And my prized posessions a game used BJ Surhoff glove and a Milwaukee County Stadium wooden seat.

I also collect old gas station signs and oil cans.  And as a music lover I grab all the Rockabilly I can on vinyl.  Love the look my 5 year old nephew gives me when he asks to go downstairs and play records.  He fascinated by it.

We must be brothers from another mother. I also dabble in "petroliana" I sold off most of my collection when I moved but still buy and sell it when I can find it at flea markets and estate sales. I like all kinds of old advertising items as well.

I also play guitar in a blues/rock-a-billy band. Lots of rock-a-billy action out here in SO CA. Always fun to walk around in the parking lot and see all the '50's hot rods when we do a gig. 

3 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

We get buck wild.

Same with rap music. West Coast has ALWAYS been party music - that Dr. Dre g-funk era is unstoppable. Down south is party music. Atlanta is party music with trap lyrics.

NY got that gritty. These streets is grimy.

Edited by TheFifthHorseman
Simple typo and now everyone knows I'm a dum @$$

5 hours ago, The Resurrection said:
7 hours ago, lizards2 said:

jeez - the clips in 'nothing left to burn' are pretty disturbing. :(

"Burn it dowwwwnnnnnnnnnnn" I love that song.

9. Gonna let this mother burn.

Edited by lizards2

On November 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM, thirdgreenham said:

Aside from comics, I collect unopened hockey wax boxes from the 1980's, 70's and earlier. Both O-Pee-Chee and Topps.  So far, for the earlier ones in my collection (before 1978/79, and at the time of this writing) they are all empty boxes.  Even the early empty boxes are pretty darned tough to find, 1960's especially.

For me, it's a ton of fun.  I'm also trying to get a pack of cards from each year and series, too. 

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

As a big hockey fan, I love these! Wonderful collection. 

I also collect Star Wars and original artwork. My favorites are the one of a kind and oddball stuff that has a great story behind it.

As a kid I would always have a few collections going. Bottle caps, stickers, sea glass, even once had a wire collection I gathered from houses being built in my neighborhood. 

8 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:
11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

For those who like old sports stuff, check out my edited post on page 2...

You got balls

Image result for michael scott gif

I'm a big Magic: The Gathering player and collector. Much bigger than comics, actually. Lately, I've been selling off my comics to buy more of the original Magic cards from the first few sets. Speaking of which, if anybody has old (1993-1994 era) Magic cards that they'd like to trade for comics or even cash, hit me up lol  Here are a few pick-ups from earlier this year:

36204480946_e9ec106e92_z.jpg

35074445271_150ba51850_z.jpg

23544390078_a2ea88144e_z.jpg

Edited by Vorpal
Added some pics of my favorites

15 hours ago, Jaylam said:

I used to play and collect Magic the Gathering, but sold my collection a few years back. I did keep a few cards for posterity. This is one of the earliest ones I kept. I think this is a "Revised Edition" Underground Sea from 1994.

usea-front.jpg

Well, that was a good one to keep! Around $300 now give or take.