• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other Passions Besides Comics?
3 3

106 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

When it ain't snowing...:baiting:

I'm a geezer, I remember clay wheels. My first board was a long Hobie Super Surfer with the laminated deck.

I remember when you had to clean and set the bearings individually. Today they are packed.

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@Philflound i know that a complete Green Ghost brings decent money.... i played that game at my cousins house back in the day ! along with the feely meely game too.....

Complete usually sells better than $300.  They re-released it in the 1990s and that sells over $100 if I'm correct.

31 minutes ago, Philflound said:

I personally love vintage video games. This was my last photos back in 2012 of my Atari 2600 collection, and that isn't close to everything I own now. First picture with the loose games on the top shelf is 2 deep. When I get my house, unpack and display it all, I'll take new photos. That may be in a year though. Also, I have a nice collection of board games, also in the pics. Many of them video game related. I never counted, but probably own a good 150-200 vintage board games.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have about 90% of all Colecovision and Intellivision games along with about 525 NES. Last count was like 34 vintage systems with over 2000 games. Newest systems I own is a PS1 and Dreamcast. No Xbox at all.

100_2593.JPG

100_2594.JPG

100_2595.JPG

100_2596.JPG

100_2598.JPG

100_2599.JPG

You have the green ghost game? Sealed? I used to love playing that game as a kid.

you ever want to sell that, let me know.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

You have the green ghost game? Sealed? I used to love playing that game as a kid.

you ever want to sell that, let me know.

I don't think it's sealed. Can't remember. I'm looking on Ebay at prices and it seems complete in the box go for $150-300 from what I see. Krull is definitely sealed. Paid $7 for that about 20 years ago.

4 hours ago, Ottobord said:

I collect the toys that I had as a kid, I've been done for awhile,  Big Jim, GI Joe Adventure Team, Slot Cars for the most part. Old Christmas morning pictures were the key.  For hours of fun go to youtube and and watch old Christmas morning films that users have posted.  The old toys under those trees!!!!!!!!!!!!   Great stuff.

Great idea !! i never thought to do that !! can't wait to go on youtube and watch old Christmas videos !!

36 minutes ago, Philflound said:

I don't think it's sealed. Can't remember. I'm looking on Ebay at prices and it seems complete in the box go for $150-300 from what I see. Krull is definitely sealed. Paid $7 for that about 20 years ago.

I have to grab one someday.:idea:

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

What kind of baseball stuff do you collect? I won't say I actively "collect" it but I run into stuff from time to time. I like the early, non-card stuff. Equipment, early photos, toys, trophies, advertising stuff and the like. The older the better. I have a small box of cards that I have accumulated over the years. I like the pre-war ones mostly for the colors and graphics. 

I collect Autographed photos, cards, signed balls, old auction catalogs, bobble heads, game used bats.  And my prized posessions a game used BJ Surhoff glove and a Milwaukee County Stadium wooden seat.

I also collect old gas station signs and oil cans.  And as a music lover I grab all the Rockabilly I can on vinyl.  Love the look my 5 year old nephew gives me when he asks to go downstairs and play records.  He fascinated by it.

Edited by Brewcrewfan77

As it says "other passions beside comics", it doesn't have to be collection based, right.

so my other passions are:

Disney: especially the theme parks. I am a Disney Vacation Club member so WDW is my favorite place to go on holiday. (Also love theme parks in general)

Stock Market: love it. Don't have the big capital to really play the marker but do have long term picks (23 companies I own stocks from and will add more in the next 15-20 years)

Poker: a (very) small but positive bankroll. Love the game.

Other stuff I like collecting: action figures, trading cards, collectible card games, RPG and board games, authographs from movie/TV stars (mostly those stars I can meet at a con), coins. Nothing of these are big collections, just stuff I like.

Writing: I did work on some published Disneyland Paris books, working on a kickstarter (190% funded) RPG, looking for a publisher for a finished book and really would like to get a -script out there. (Dreams, I know)