• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superiors are Superior - so post 'em!
2 2

141 posts in this topic

It looks like CGC had no trouble deciding that these were not Canadian editions, despite being published in Ontario and having the Maple Leaf insignia on the cover.  Unclear why there is some ambiguity wrt the Aggie Mack books that first got me thinking about this. 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

It looks like CGC had no trouble deciding that these were not Canadian editions, despite being published in Ontario and having the Maple Leaf insignia on the cover.  Unclear why there is some ambiguity wrt the Aggie Mack books that first got me thinking about this. 

It's weird though that some books ARE notated Canadian editions though,like the Human Torch above-if you look close it has the small Maple Leaf seal.I've seen those era Marvels noted as Can.Eds....

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

It's weird though that some books ARE notated Canadian editions though,like the Human Torch above-if you look close it has the small Maple Leaf seal.I've seen those era Marvels noted as Can.Eds....

The Torch book, and other Superior Canadian Eds have previously published American editions by their original publishers. They were only distributed in Canada, thus the label notation. The Superior published original material books had distribution in the States as well as Canada so there is no label notation.

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Maple leaf??!?

I thought the logo was a Marijuana leaf and read "Superior Chronic"! hm