• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clink Auction Started tonight
2 2

113 posts in this topic

I'm a bit surprised that with the recent "misunderstanding" involving the Conan #1 story, that Comiclink doesn't make note of what looks to be a stat of Spider-man in the first panel of the McFarlane ASM #308 page. Instead of describing the latest Spider-man movie in the description, it seems it would be better to devote a few words to the condition of the page. 

--Mark T.

1 hour ago, marktom said:

I'm a bit surprised that with the recent "misunderstanding" involving the Conan #1 story, that Comiclink doesn't make note of what looks to be a stat of Spider-man in the first panel of the McFarlane ASM #308 page. Instead of describing the latest Spider-man movie in the description, it seems it would be better to devote a few words to the condition of the page. 

--Mark T.

Wow. Good eye!  Yeah it's minor. But it's a pricey page, and all things considered, now would be the time to be extra diligent about these things. 

3 minutes ago, Khazano said:

Wow. Good eye!  Yeah it's minor. But it's a pricey page, and all things considered, now would be the time to be extra diligent about these things. 

What Heritage does should be the standard. 

The condition of the art should be disclosed. Full stop. It isn’t that hard. 

8 minutes ago, Twanj said:

13 minutes ago, Khazano said:

What Heritage does should be the standard. 

The condition of the art should be disclosed. Full stop. It isn’t that hard. 

I realize that most condition issues are pretty clear from a picture. But a stat (and I'm assuming it's a photo stat and not an original art paste over) of the main character? That does effect value, and should be disclosed.

--Mark T.

11 minutes ago, marktom said:

I realize that most condition issues are pretty clear from a picture. But a stat (and I'm assuming it's a photo stat and not an original art paste over) of the main character? That does effect value, and should be disclosed.

--Mark T.

The fact that you can see it means most of us can see it.  If I were bidding on this one I would have already emailed to comfirm.  

Recently there was a piece at HA that may have been fake - but it sold anyway for a nice sum.  I think as collectors we cant put 100% trust in the auction company.  We need to pay attention to the details and ask questions where there are doubts.

34 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

The fact that you can see it means most of us can see it.  If I were bidding on this one I would have already emailed to comfirm.  

Recently there was a piece at HA that may have been fake - but it sold anyway for a nice sum.  I think as collectors we cant put 100% trust in the auction company.  We need to pay attention to the details and ask questions where there are doubts.

Yeah, I can see it. I've been collecting long enough to tell it's most certainly a stat. But maybe not everyone can.

With a $10,000+ piece ,wouldn't you think the auction house could at least make note of it in their description and not expect every potential bidder to have to contact them to ask about it? 

--Mark T

18 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Good call out. It does look pretty clear, but it is surprising to me that it isn't mentioned in the description.

Capture.thumb.PNG.40b666bb7f16efb01a0109ac2b054ac7.PNG

It would be good to know what that is, for sure. 

In looking at the page in total though, I doubt whatever it is will matter in the least in the closing price....whatever that is. 

People are spending ALL their money on the bottom panel and might not ever look at the top panel as long as they own it. lol

I would have hoped that the recent fiasco regarding the back side of artwork would have pushed CL toward a more diligent approach to listing artwork (note – I see both sides of that debate and don’t put CL as solely responsible on how things went/are going down). I don’t buy the “it should be obvious” approach that some collectors seem to abide by as an excuse for this stuff not being prominently listed. If it is obvious to a collector looking at a scan, it should be obvious enough to the people holding the art in hand and listing for sale. This begs the question: so why not add it into the description? I can’t see any reason not to provide this information. Is it a conscious decision to avoid having a potential buyer bidding less or lose interest completely? I’d hope not.

1 hour ago, JadeGiant said:

I would have hoped that the recent fiasco regarding the back side of artwork would have pushed CL toward a more diligent approach to listing artwork (note – I see both sides of that debate and don’t put CL as solely responsible on how things went/are going down). I don’t buy the “it should be obvious” approach that some collectors seem to abide by as an excuse for this stuff not being prominently listed. If it is obvious to a collector looking at a scan, it should be obvious enough to the people holding the art in hand and listing for sale. This begs the question: so why not add it into the description? I can’t see any reason not to provide this information. Is it a conscious decision to avoid having a potential buyer bidding less or lose interest completely? I’d hope not.

I wonder if there is some element of legal protection associated with this ongoing BWS story... if they start listing items with full condition descriptions while that case is up in the air, could it perhaps be held against them as proof that it was something they should have always been doing? I'm obviously no lawyer. What a mess that has turned out to be.

3 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

I wonder if there is some element of legal protection associated with this ongoing BWS story... if they start listing items with full condition descriptions while that case is up in the air, could it perhaps be held against them as proof that it was something they should have always been doing? I'm obviously no lawyer. What a mess that has turned out to be.

I think there's an entire thread on this topic.  Must we re-visit it here, too?

i never knew about the STAT on this mcfarlane page  until I saw it here on this thread, and i'm glad Mark brought that up...it actually looks like the image is drawn UNDER THE STAT but whited out and the REVERSE IMAGE STAT placed over top of it...but still..it really SHOULD be denoted and it's a great catch by mark on this one.

As nice as the McSpidey is, there's a lot of other nice Spidey stuff that deserves attention in this auction, such as the following items:

...and more.  Just don't have time to list them all.

19 hours ago, comix4fun said:

It would be good to know what that is, for sure. 

In looking at the page in total though, I doubt whatever it is will matter in the least in the closing price....whatever that is. 

People are spending ALL their money on the bottom panel and might not ever look at the top panel as long as they own it. lol

Wait...there's a top panel?