• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAMPAGE starring Dwayne Johnson (4/13/18)

22 posts in this topic

Saw the trailer at JL yesterday. It was not terrible, but it did not make me want to see it either. You can already see that George will defeat the other two to save the Rock as far as the plotline goes.

9 hours ago, Norinn Radd said:

I still play Rampage!  Love this game.  Will have to check out the movie.

http://emulator.online/nes/rampage/

After the tremendous success of 'Jumanji' this could be the gaming movie that breaks the mold, and sets the tone for how to take something zany-looking deliver on the big screen.

:wishluck:

Dwayne Johnson’s Rampage Release Date Moved Up, Thanks To Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War

Last week, the world was shaken up for comic book fans when Marvel announced that Avengers: Infinity War would be hitting theaters sooner than expected, set to arrive on April 27 instead of the previously announced May 4. But now, another shake-up is happening, this time with Dwayne Johnson’s video game-to-movie adaptation of Rampage.

Originally set for April 20, Warner Bros. has opted to move the release date for the film up – it’s now slated to come out on April 13, according to this news piece from Hollywood Reporter.

A few sources report that the main reason to move the movie up was to give it more breathing room at the box office, instead of the previous one week window that would’ve been between the 20th and the 27th. The producers were noted to want a “two-week cushion” to guarantee some strong box office revenue, since Avengers: Infinity War looks pretty much unbeatable.

Sounds like 'Rampage' could have been a F&F spin-off. If they could get two actors to do scenes with one another.

RAMPAGE Star Dwayne Johnson Spills The Beans On His Feud With GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Actor Vin Diesel

There have been rumblings for a long time that Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel have some sort of beef and the former has now confirmed that there's a very real issue between the two. While The Fate of the Furious featured one key scene between their characters Hobbs and Dom Toretto, the wrestler turned actor has confirmed that they didn't actually shoot that or any other sequences together.

"That is correct. We were not in any scenes together," Johnson explained. "Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer. And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach movie-making and collaborating. It took me some time, but I’m grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not."

That just goes to show what editing trickery is capable of achieving during the post-production process and Johnson went on to confirm that he's currently unsure about whether he'll return for Fast 9.

"Right now I’m concentrating on making the [Fast and Furious' Hobbs and Shaw] spinoff as good as it can be," he added. "I wish [Diesel] all the best and I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have. Actually, you can erase that last part about ‘no ill will.’ We’ll just keep it with the clarity."

Didn’t realize this was based on the video game. My son has been talking about it for weeks. Funnily enough, even though he’s a young, modern-day gamer, he enjoys playing Rampage at our local restaurant arcade. (They have a battery of vintage games and pinball for .25 a pop.)

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

Sounds like 'Rampage' could have been a F&F spin-off. If they could get two actors to do scenes with one another.

RAMPAGE Star Dwayne Johnson Spills The Beans On His Feud With GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Actor Vin Diesel

I'm surprise this doesn't happen more often.  Two alpha males trying to flex their muscles.

But whatever the situation might be, I have to side with Vin on this.  He was there from day one.  He's the RDJ of Fast And Furious.  This fight is equivalent to Don Cheadle telling RDJ how to make an Iron Man movie!

19 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I'm surprise this doesn't happen more often.  Two alpha males trying to flex their muscles.

But whatever the situation might be, I have to side with Vin on this.  He was there from day one.  He's the RDJ of Fast And Furious.  This fight is equivalent to Don Cheadle telling RDJ how to make an Iron Man movie!

I haven't determined how real this is. But this video was floating around when the cast in-fighting came up during F&F 6. So even before the more recent heated arguments.

Edited by Bosco685

Reminded me a lot of the Transformers movies.  Lots of stuff blowing up and crashing and not a lot of plot.  Fine movie as long as you go in expecting summer popcorn cinema.