• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1 Club
1 1

162 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anyone on the boards now owns my old copy (many years ago).  It was a 7.0 (old label) extensive restored... but the restoration was limited to filling in the binder holes (through the whole book).  Attractive copy.

27 minutes ago, Bookery said:

I'm curious if anyone on the boards now owns my old copy (many years ago).  It was a 7.0 (old label) extensive restored... but the restoration was limited to filling in the binder holes (through the whole book).  Attractive copy.

I have no idea who owns it but I might have scans in my archives.

19 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Attractive looking copy.  Not sure if the 11 pages of slightly missing artwork would make a difference in the final hammer price. I would like to see how much of the art is affected for a book of this caliber.

Perhaps that is the reason why an otherwise more attractive looking copy resides in a 2.5 holder.

8 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Perhaps that is the reason why an otherwise more attractive looking copy resides in a 2.5 holder.

Sure, I can believe that.  This book reminds me of the now Tec 27 CGC 2.5 up for auction with high eye appeal front cover, but with the missing pieces on the back cover.  

18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Attractive looking copy.  Not sure if the 11 pages of slightly missing artwork would make a difference in the final hammer price. I would like to see how much of the art is affected for a book of this caliber.

Presumably "slightly" would mean no more than a few millimeters of panel edge, but it's a lot of pages so it could vary. I'm trying to think what would effect that many pages, if not brittleness, and I'm wondering if it's a manufacturing flaw, a number of pages torn in the cutting process. Still, given the 4.0 or so eye-appeal, I know I'd value this copy at more than the typical 2.5 book.

3 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

What are your predictions for the 6.0 Twilight copy?

LINK

Marvel.jpg

I already said I would poop my pants if it sold for less than 80k (fortunately it is above that).  I expect it to hit at least $120k, $140k wouldn't shock me, $160k would start to make my eyes widen.