• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics #1 Club
1 1

162 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2017 at 1:43 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

Any guesstimates for the 2.5 copy on ComicLink?

LINK

IMG_8211.JPG

this 3.0 with terrible registration sold for $77k last NOV 2016 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/marvel-comics-1-timely-1939-cgc-gd-vg-30-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7141-91134.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-071515&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417

22 minutes ago, Primetime said:

I'd rather have the 2.5 which I could see cracking 100K.

7 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

7 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

agreed. It could crack 100k, but I see it a little short of 100. In the past year, I know of complete, entry level copies that have sold privately for about $30k and $40k, respectively. 

Edited by Primetime

1 hour ago, Primetime said:

agreed. It could crack 100k, but I see it a little short of 100. In the past year, I know of complete, entry level copies that have sold privately for about $30k and $40k, respectively. 

Ill go 70k then. I think wayne tec coverless is already a 15-20k copy ;)

Great score Ryan!!! 

On 11/17/2017 at 2:11 PM, Bookery said:

I'm curious if anyone on the boards now owns my old copy (many years ago).  It was a 7.0 (old label) extensive restored... but the restoration was limited to filling in the binder holes (through the whole book).  Attractive copy.

Tim, I came to your shop around 2002-2003 and you had an original owner copy.  You had picked it up with a More Fun 14 and maybe a few other books.  Is this the same copy? 

On 11/20/2017 at 10:22 PM, buttock said:

Tim, I came to your shop around 2002-2003 and you had an original owner copy.  You had picked it up with a More Fun 14 and maybe a few other books.  Is this the same copy? 

I've only ever had the one copy, and it came in solo from a customer I had at the time.  But it sat here in the shop for quite awhile (over a year at least) before I sent it with Dale to San Diego and it sold.  Back then it wasn't an easy-sell book.