• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

have you ever noticed patterns in Marvel appearances based on issue number?
3 3

27 posts in this topic

Certain issues-- especially early on in super hero titles in Marvel have the same villains or cross over appearances occur. It even happens later on during the bronze age to some extent (Like Thor showing up on Silver Surfer #4 and then having nearly the same cover in Nova 4)

For example-- Daredevil and Spider-man crossover occur in both ASM 16 as well as DD 16. There are a bunch more but I seem to notice these all the time. What similar number appearances stick out to you?

How is this different from picking any random number then checking to see which key issues match that number? There was no plan or grand design in Stan's head.  Just banging out a dozen books each and every month to meet the deadlines.

numerology is fun,  and leads to meaningless  connections.  China and Ghana both have 5 letters... wow. In this case, they match only in English, another aspect rarely taken into consideration in these things.

1 hour ago, Aman619 said:

How is this different from picking any random number then checking to see which key issues match that number? There was no plan or grand design in Stan's head.  Just banging out a dozen books each and every month to meet the deadlines.

numerology is fun,  and leads to meaningless  connections.  China and Ghana both have 5 letters... wow. In this case, they match only in English, another aspect rarely taken into consideration in these things.

gg-the-number-23.jpg

3 hours ago, Aman619 said:

I just lost my buzz.  :sorry:

42!!!    Ahhhhhhhhh yes.

16 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Certain issues-- especially early on in super hero titles in Marvel have the same villains or cross over appearances occur. It even happens later on during the bronze age to some extent (Like Thor showing up on Silver Surfer #4 and then having nearly the same cover in Nova 4)

For example-- Daredevil and Spider-man crossover occur in both ASM 16 as well as DD 16. There are a bunch more but I seem to notice these all the time. What similar number appearances stick out to you?

Yep. I've thought about this for decades.

You're the 1st person I've ever seen bring it up.

5 hours ago, Aman619 said:

It may not have been a conscious plan, but there may have been some sub-conscious workings behind it.

Personally, I don't believe in random co-incidence.